Equator Crossing Docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equator Crossing Docs

These are so varied and different from one ship to another. Please post yours for review.

Here are the only three I have. (with a fourth [hopefully] already on its way.)

Joe
    Attached Files

second
    Attached Files

Comment

Last one...
      Attached Files

Comment

Are these post war made for the vets, i notice they're de-nazified?

In the case of the Atlantis one for example, it's dated a year before the institution of the Auxilliary Cruiser badge. At the very least then it must have been produced after the surviving crewmembers returned home, but i can't imagine the authorities allowing the producing of a de-nazified piece like this.

the second one must clearly be post-war. The surviving crew of Kormoran were captured by the Australians from what i understand.
        Last edited by Simon O.; 05-26-2007, 03:13 AM.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon:

Yes; these were formally presented in the early crew reunion meetings.

I think the date reflected is the date that the ship actually crossed the line during the war, but these three were post war issued.

Joe

Comment

Right, that makes sense Joe.

They're very nice, equator docs aren't really my thing. I'm more of an arctic circle crossing docs guy
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X