Preliminary Award document for the Knights Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim,

Here is a documented original signature compared to yours, they are supposed to be only two months apart.
    The upper one shows strong character and swift flow that we do not see in yours.

Comment

There is a grammar mistake in Bob's document. The document text says:" Der Führer hat dem ...". Therefore the rank of Obergefreiter has to be written as: "hat dem Obergefreiten...". On the other document it is written correct.

Has anyone ever seen such a writing mistake on a high award document like the Ritterkreuz?

Originally posted by djpool View Post
      I could not find a similar document in the same font. There are examples with the same wording but in a different font.

Comment

Hello Frank,

Good observation!

No I have actually not seen any grammar mistakes on low award documents, spelling mistakes in writting the name I have seen plenty, on high - and low award documents.

The longer you look at an item with doubts the more faults you are going to see.

Cheers,
        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by FrankS View Post
          There is a grammar mistake in Bob's document. The document text says:" Der Führer hat dem ...". Therefore the rank of Obergefreiter has to be written as: "hat dem Obergefreiten...". On the other document it is written correct.

Has anyone ever seen such a writing mistake on a high award document like the Ritterkreuz?

I want to thank everyone thats participated so far. Thats a good point on the text. If you look at the document thats written correctly, the N is in a different type then the rest of the document. Almost as if there was a mistake and it was corrected.

Right now I'm concentrating my research on the Burgdorf signature because that appears to be the major area of concern.

Like I mentioned before I'm not certain of the originality of the item. But before it goes into Bobs junk box I want to make effort to research it.In the end the document is:
          a. A total postwar fabrication
          b. Original document with postwar information added
          0r
          c. an original wartime piece

I'll see if I can find any additional info to add to the discussion. WR Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X