Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goering signed promotion document.

Goering signed promotion document.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    Hello, I came across this document. It is original this I have no doubt. I also believe the signature is hand written but how can I be sure? Anyone who knows the guy mentioned for this promotion??? And what would the value be of such piece.
    <o></o>
    Thank you,
    Marc
    Attached Files

signature
    Attached Files

Comment

Your signature image posted here appears to be printed, which was normally the case for these documents. You should examine the signature under magnification to satisfy yourself, but I am pretty certain it's printed.
      In handwritten examples, you can see thicker ink where crossovers occur and variations in the ink thickness will also be present. This happens with varied pressure on the pen and where the pen is lifted from the paper. Usually, the ink strokes are slightly thicker along the edges.
      In printed examples, air bubbles will also be present, caused by the lifting of the printing tool.
      Sorry to disappoint you, but printed signatures on documents of this type do not command much value (unless the subject is interesting for any reason.)
      Max.

Comment

I doubt if this is an original Goering's autograph. Looks rather to be facsimile of his signature.
        Any other oppinions?
        Al

Comment

Thank you guys, I probably have to agree on the above. It looks indeed as a stamp although I still have a small doubt...
          <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
          Anyway to find out if this guy had any importance?? Knight cross, LW Ace, Gold cross, made it to general?
          <o></o>
          Marc

Comment

How often did Goering use his first name in a signature? Most documents I have seen he just signed with what looks like his last name.
            Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
              How often did Goering use his first name in a signature? Most documents I have seen he just signed with what looks like his last name.
              Richard V
              Quite often.
              Max.

Comment

Plus I remember him signing larger usually?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X