Family Studio Portraits Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
    #13 - Last for now a decorated Obergefreiter and family father in the winter of 1944. One of the children made the awards and insignia unrecognisable. I tried to fix it a bit and I see they had nothing to be ashamed of. Dad is wearing, among some combat awards, the rare Mine Rescue Service Award ribbon, for helping people with risk of his own life.
    Look at her teeth!!

Great collection man!

Comment

Thanks Mansal,
      But I'm afraid that part of the photo was left untouched.

Comment

family

I have a few family photos as well but only because they contain something else of interest. First up is 2 brothers I've posted elsewhere but worth showing again.

Tony
        Attached Files

Comment

police

Here is an army son and SS police father. Can anyone translate the reverse, which I've posted on the bottom?

The son has a medal but I can't tell what it is. The father has the SS chest patch which is what interested me and WW1 iron cross.

Tony
          Attached Files

Comment

party family.

and my favorite...a true party family.

Father is in the party...not sure what level, daughter I believe BDM, mom in that Frauen... organization, and son SS. I've shown the applicable badges and paraphenalia magnified.

Tony
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony,
              Thanks a lot for sharing, particularly that last one
              That's quite what I meant with "everything is possible"

#14 - What we have here is a late-war infantry combat soldier with his wife and little boy. Wearing the EK2, IAB and Verwundetenabzeichen. Also wearing the M43 Einheitsfeldmutze and the Schn******252;rschuhe.
              Attached Files

Comment

Is it only me or looks that lady on the left in photo nr #10 like a man.

Peder

Comment

Tim great collection mate!

Here is one of my.

Comment

Thanks jeffie for sharing

Here's some more from the collection.

#15 - Gefreiter with his family. Branch of service unknown, collar litzen are dark and the number on his shoulderboards is 45. Note how he is displaying his EK2 - I don't think this is on the day it was awarded.
                    Attached Files

Comment

#16 - Nice family photo with 3 sons serving in the Heer. The son on the left is a Sanitäter-Unteroffizier with Ostmedaille ribbon, in the middle another Sanitäter (an officer with EK2), and the son in the right serving as an Obergefreiter in a combat unit wearing the IAB and more. Father is wearing an unknown badge and ribbon as well.
                      Attached Files

Comment

#17 - Kriegsmarine Bootsmannmaat with his parents. He is wearing the Minensuchabzeichen. From other photos I noticed he also has patches for Motorlehrgang I (first class motor engineer) and for Kraftfahrmaat.

PS - I should have known I'd get more replies on the looks of the ladies than on the uniforms
                        Attached Files

Comment

#18 - Always nice to see two photos taken at different dates to see the evolution, like shown in # 3 and 4. Here's a young Gefreiter with his beautiful bride in may 1940. Note the party badges of the older men have been scratched out after the war.
                          Attached Files

Comment

#19 - Here's the same man, promoted Obergefreiter, with his wife and new family member I'd say about 2 years later.
                            Attached Files

Comment

#20 - Last for now a Heeres Leutnant wearing the following: EK2 ribbon, KVK2 + Ostmedaille + Westwall ribbon bar, HJ proficiency badge, SA Sportabzeichen and .. Krimshield!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Posted this one before.....Latvian Legion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X