Docs from Napredak Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docs from Napredak Show

I thought I'd show off these docs that I got from Ed Anderson, Jr. at the Napredak (San Jose, California) Show yesterday.
    The first is an Urkunde for the Austrian Anschluss medal. ("Flower Wars" medals are one of my collection fields.)
    Attached Files
    George

Here's a close-up of the doc's embossed stamp.
    Attached Files
    George

Comment

The other two documents I got were to the same fellow. As an Iron Cross collector, I had to get this one, which you don't see too often.
      Attached Files
      George

Comment

Finally, there's this for the Silver Wound Badge. I found it interesting that apparently over two years elapsed between the time that the guy got his injuries and when he was awarded the decoration. Is such a delay normal or common?
        Anyway, these are the docs. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed acquiring them!
        Attached Files
        George

Comment

Ive got an Ost Medaille urkunde with something similar. Though in this case it would probably be because the 42 date would be when the award was institued in the regimental orders, where as the 44 date would be the date of issue. However the Ost Medaille was authorised by a hospital so it could mean that the soldat in question was wounded and spent two years in hospital or there was a mess up at the hosptial clerk's desk
          Attached Files

Comment

Spange docs to NCOs i think are more interesting than to officers. Sort of conjures up an image of a grizzled alte hase mixing it up with the youngsters.

Two years is by no means unusual. You tend to see it with soldiers that had not returned to the unit with which they'd been wounded. The odd thing about this one though is that there's just one date yet it mentions 4 wounds. I'm thinking the herr oberfeldwebel wasn't with his battalion when either doc was issued and that he was in hospital or invalided out.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys! I'm not really a documents collector, but I do pick them up now and then. The stories (or possiblities of stories) that can be gleaned from them are sure fascinating!
              George

Comment

Nice items George! Ed does have nice items. Sorry I missed you at the show.

Dennis

Comment

Hello George.
                  One other possibility may be this soldiers WW I service during which he was wounded and the proper handling of previous wounds in regards to the awarding of WW II woundbadges eluded the awarding authority at the time. This the caused a belated or corrected award of the Silver Woundbadge for four wounds.
                  Bernhard H. holst

Comment

Great docs, George. Gotta get a spange doc or two one of these years...

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X