X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Very good score Bill!
      It all boils down to knowing your subject. Ebay still isn't dried up when it comes to good deals, check out my thread in the US forum . So looks like we both did well recently.

I think I read that the LFD were trained by the heer and thus uitilized heer uniforms whilst training. Or am I wrong???

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the pictures

Thanks for showing all the pictures W Petz,though to be honest i could not see them all at this time,dial up takes ages to load or i get red x's.
        I hope i can see them better tomorrow,and on the field soldiers in mixed uniforms,was this not when the army took them over or was it there training after many of there bad showings in combat.

As at first all there training was done by the luftwaffe right,though later on they army took over,and wearing there uniforms with some luftwaffe part was a comprimise,like some or all stayed luftwaffe in the books?,or some actualy totaly became army divsions even,not shure on that one.But most of the divsions destroyed in combat,and any survivors where added to army units like the volksgrenadier divisons in the later years like the bulge battles,and see that they had luftwaffe uniforms still,or the ones i saw,not seen to many with these mixed unifroms like in training.
        (Ok sorry for the long ramble,i can always edit it out if you want,to something smaller)

Comment

Mike,

Thanks....I didn't post all the pics and three of the photos were missing that the seller forgot to pack. They are on the way. Knowing your subject is key as it definitely helps you spot something out of the ordinary. German Ebay is good for snatching some nice pics fairly cheap. I recently won some nice portraits that I will post when they arrive.

Nice find on the US Sub album....hard to find those that I know of and really isn't my collecting field. I like the GI in the ETO albums myself.

I believe wehrmacht issue items were provided during their training and not quite sure if they kept them when their training was completed. If there was a shortage in the system then I could understand it but I get the feeling from those photos that it isn't late in the war stuff...it could be 1942/1943. Bill

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
          Very good score Bill!
          It all boils down to knowing your subject. Ebay still isn't dried up when it comes to good deals, check out my thread in the US forum . So looks like we both did well recently.

I think I read that the LFD were trained by the heer and thus uitilized heer uniforms whilst training. Or am I wrong???

Mike
          Last edited by W Petz; 05-04-2007, 06:09 AM.

Comment

And so what is the verdict on these photos? Heeres or Luftwaffe?

Erich

Comment

Erich,

What verdict are you referring to??? I believe I said right up front that these are photos from a Luftwaffe Kampfschule....for some reason they are wearing a mixture of clothing normally worn by army troops and not Luftwaffe. You can plainly see luftwaffe breast eagles on army issue uniforms. This could be due to LWFD's poor performance and now they are under the jurisdiction of the Army training but as far as I can see most of the instructors are still Luftwaffe...i.e, Hermann Goring and Fallschirmjaeger.

Originally posted by erichcraciun View Post
              And so what is the verdict on these photos? Heeres or Luftwaffe?

Erich

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                #25 The Instructors

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but this one was just too close. I did a comparison of myself and the orignal photo:

Added some effects to match the original photo.

Comment

On the comparison photo...that is a very close likeness of yourself and that HG Lt.

I'm posting a few photos that were missing from the original batch...seller just sent them as he had overlooked them when packing up and mailing that original group. In some you can clearly see they are wearing Heeres helmets & uniforms but with LW Breast eagles.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X