AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHOTO ARCHIVE!! Put a photo to your doc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHOTO ARCHIVE!! Put a photo to your doc.

Hello all! I have just received a photo archive of over 12,500 Officers and men from the following Grenadier Regimenter:
    1073 thru 3368
    And, including Gren. (Pz.) Rgt.40 II. Bt.

If you have documents and would like a picture (possibly) let me know! This is a compilation of those who were reported missing in action from Russia to Berlin...what a fabulous archive. The array of uniforms, caps and helmets is amazing! It lists the last area in which contact was had with the (supposedly) dead or missing soldiers.
    It is very exciting yet very very sad to see the faces of over 12,000 that didn't return to their families.
    Please, this is large undertaking so only request those names who are confirmed to be part of the above listed Regts.
    Good luck!
    Dave
    This is so incredible! I even have dates of birth, occupation and City where they (last) lived.

[ 08 December 2001: Message edited by: prvtdck ]

Hello,
    Is the document that you mentioned was published after the war by the German Red Cross ? I recently see such a doucment to sell on an auction but my memory failed to remember the exact place.
    Another personal question : do you know if the seller in NZ will lessen his reserve price on the wartime KC book on eBay. I was the one who also auctioned at the first time but the reserve price was not reached.
    Denis

Comment

Hi Dennis...yes on both! The book is wonderful and worth the 6 week wait! The fellow from NZ emailed me and alluded to the possibility that he would lower the reserve when the album was relisted.
      Dave

Comment

Hi,
        Hope you will get it. I will not auction again. Would be silly to bid on another fellow member.
        Regards
        Denis

Comment

Hi Denis...not at all! I'm somewhat reluctant to bid beyond $125.00 because he won't send me pics of the album amd how it is constructed. He states that it is war time done but there's nothing to support that!
          I wonder, did you get pics of the album cover etc.?
          Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,
            None. i have just seen the pics he had left on the auction.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X