Waste of a good document?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste of a good document?

This seems to be a pretty convincing document as far as the printing, paper etc go. Even the pattern of the document seems OK for 1940 (doesn't it?), but I don't like the stamp or the signature:

I keep thinking it's a perfectly good blank EKI doc badly filled in by a faker, but then if you were going to do that wouldn't you have made it out to an SS Panzergrenadier or something?

Gack! Plui!

Don't even have to look at the "temporary Commander in Chief" (!!!) signature horror---

prime, textbook example of what happens to old, dried up stiff paper when rolled through a typewriter recently.

These "Venetian blind" cracks are dead giveaways.

Comment

James I think (even) the paper is bogus. It looks like the 'note' pages from the back of an old book with a photocopy image badly centered!! It is sloppy, the style of hand is wrong and the ink too vivid.
      About a year ago I bought a package of blank documents just to see how far the crooks have come...I was shocked! They are so good as to be scary. Coincidentally, they are currently on Ebay for $5.00!<http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1042615148>
      And, even from afar they appear 'neater' than the doc you were so kind to post. To add to it...these don not react to Uv either!
      It's a dangerous world out there.
      Dave

[ 04 December 2001: Message edited by: prvtdck ]

Comment

Actually the off-centre bit was my fault - result of sloppy scanning! I's actually pretty well centred in real life. What doesn't show up in the photo in its true horror is the vivid blue ink signature!

Comment

And of course aside from the silliness of any supposed "temporary commander in chief" of the Wehrmacht , the German is incorrect--

had such a creature ever existed (while Hitler was having a nap?...) he would have been the "zeitweiligER Blahblahblah," NOT the "Zeitweilig Bbb."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X