Identification of badge on uniform needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identification of badge on uniform needed

Excuse the blurry pictures, please. I have three questions regarding this group picture, your help is highly appreciated.

1) This is apparently a "class" of an NCO/Fähnrich-"school". Shoulder straps bear the number "60" on them. Does anybody have a clue about this unit?

2) The soldier in the top row on the very left is wearing a strange badge that is not German. Possibly Italian, is that "Il Duce"? Who can identify that badge and what was it awarded for? (see blow up detail picture)

3) Note the uniform tunics of about half of the soldiers - apparently not German tunics (see breast pockets and missing hip pockets). Where did they come from - could they be Dutch?

Cheers, Frank

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0MwAAACQRSp4ibb5kPbiW*PpYkpbR*DhofDU*wZN*GNZqY9cxz uS!Fl7nSo0Dz2BkcaVIRppz76OBgpH*ImF4UQ/Pc040004.jpg[/img]

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0MwBlOyYRnp4ibb5kPbiW*NyMhYHxJeQmVn!fWa*FHVHlW39n* sqXAZfKS!JWNCpJKj8ude7daTJExUBuyvKx4Q/Pc040006.jpg[/img]
    Cheers, Frank

Please take a look at this again. If somebody has even the faintest clue for an answer on my 3 questions, I would really value to hear your opinion. This has to be an award that one was allowed to wear in the German army. This is not some seasoned officer who could get away with wearing strange things, this is a young soldier at the beginning of his career in the army, closely watched by the NCO on the picture.

Cheers, Frank
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Munich, iam sure that as you guessed that this is an Italian medal i just wish that i could remember what it was awarded for !!! i will take and a brain check an try to remember

Comment

Frank,

1-The tunics could be ex-Dutch ones. They closely match the picture on page 105 of Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army 1933-45 Vol 1.

2-The 60 probably stands for the 60th Regiment. Probably the 60th Infantry Rgt. later Panzer Grenadier Rgt 60(mot)which was part of 16 Pz. Gr. Div.

3-Doesn't resemble any Italian badge that I have seen but I will look in my Italian ref. books and see if I can find something.

Regards,

Gordon Craig

Comment

Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it! It would be really great to know more about that ominous badge.

Cheers, Frank
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank,

I have gone through my Italian reference books and did not find anything remotely close to the badge in your picture. Sorry.

Gordon

Comment

i have seen a italian badge that looked very like that and it was a sort of tinney for the italain fascist movment,it has the helmeted head of italain soldier,il try and find out more from you cos i have a friend who pointed it out to me in the first place

Comment

Hey paddywhack,

That would be just great!

Cheers, Frank
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X