What Is It Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is It Worth?

If an average, unmarked EK2 with original ribbon is worth about $100USD, what is an average, original EK2 award document worth on its own in good condition? thanks Mark

"Average" being very subjective, around $60, give or take. There are a ton of variables...branch, year/operation awarded, signer, unit, for example.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks for that help Hank, I haven't got much experience with these, I think this one is rather average, if anyone could interpret it, that would be great, thanks
      Mark
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MARKH; 04-23-2007, 01:46 AM.

Comment

As Hank says 'average' is highly subjective when it comes to award documents.

They're all unique, value is primarily based on who, when, where and condition is secondary.

That being said you can group award documents into classes and if we're talking 'average' then in this case we're talking more about an 'average' infantry unit mid-war on the Eastern front rather than an average EKII doc.

The stamp and signature are interesting because it doesn't seem to be the parent division of I.R.351, which was the 183 ID under Generalmajor August Dettling. The fp number on the stamp isn't too clear, i thought it was 01?87 but it doesn't seem to be.

Finding a battalion or regiment under temporary command of another division is not unusual but the signing general's signature should be identified as it could have a bearing on value.

As it is, between 50-70 Euro, whatever that would be in Aussie dollars.
        Last edited by Simon O.; 04-22-2007, 05:31 AM.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello,

A major part of a documents value lays in his "story".
          So how much is the story worth?
          A difficult question, that can only be answerd by yourself.
          What is your intrest: unit?, a specific battle?,...etc

Cheers,
          P

Comment

thanks for the help, I'm going to have to put in more time working on these, its a wide field, cheers
            Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X