DKiG Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG Document

Sorry, no pics, but can anyone tell me the possible value of a document such as this in mint condition:

A German cross in gold document awarded to an artillery lieutenant; Kurt Fuchs April, 28 1944. Hand signed by generalfeldmarschal Wilhelm kiedel himself.
    HC

Originally posted by hcliffe View Post
    ...edit...Hand signed by generalfeldmarschal Wilhelm kiedel himself.
    If somebody named "kiedel" signed it, run away!!! (should be Keitel)

What're DKiG docs going for on dealer's sites? Knock off maybe 20% or so from Army examples (Navy & SS are more, because there are fewer). Also if it wasn't a glamorous unit. So if the normal, late war army DKiG docs average 2200 $/euro on dealer sites, subtract about 10 to 20%, just for a ballpark figure.

I'd guess-timate around 2000 dollars or euro, that leaves room to play in either direction. That's basing it on truly being "mint", and of course, original.

best
    Hank
    Last edited by hankmeister; 04-19-2007, 07:24 AM. Reason: spelling and clarification
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I assume we're talking the full document rather than the preliminary?

Fuchs was in III./A.R.85 of the 101 Jäger Div.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

How can I tell it's good? Quality of the lettering? Blacklight test?

Simon, not sure I know the difference between the full doc and a preliminary, can you elaborate please?
        HC

Comment

Well this is a preliminary award document.
          Attached Files
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

And this is the full document.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hcliffe View Post
              Sorry, no pics, but can anyone tell me the possible value of a document such as this in mint condition:

A German cross in gold document awarded to an artillery lieutenant; Kurt Fuchs April, 28 1944. Hand signed by generalfeldmarschal Wilhelm kiedel himself.
              Like this...
              Attached Files

Comment

Yikes, that writing looks awful

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                  Yikes, that writing looks awful
                  I'd second that. With this one small pic it's not enough to completely condemn it, but a formal award doc for this high of an award, shouldn't be done like this.

"Hey, who's got a marker? I need to scribble this guy's name real quick!"

best
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

It is awfull, close details will be needed to tell you what is wrong, but I have never seen one like this, the stamp, the stile of writing for the rank, name and unit............... I don't like it.

Angel
                    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Here is my DKiG Doc. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not aware of a DKiG formal Doc for the Heer every having the embossed eagle. My understanding is that it only ever had the OKH stamp.
                      AB.
                      Attached Files
                      In memory of my Uncle,
                      Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                      2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                      Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Here is another pic.
                        AB.
                        Attached Files
                        In memory of my Uncle,
                        Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                        2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                        Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Hello,

I'am going to add nothing extra about the first document it looks like a very naive fake imo.

Andrew B,

Sorry, but I dont like your example neither, imo on the elaborate example no matter which army branch you belonged to the embossed eagle stamp should be their.
                          Let see what the document experts can tell us more. But I haven't seen orignal DK elaborate documents without the embossed eagle stamp.

Cheers,
                          p

Comment

Originally posted by peter u View Post
                            Hello,

Andrew B,

Sorry, but I dont like your example neither, imo on the elaborate example no matter which army branch you belonged to the embossed eagle stamp should be their.
                            Let see what the document experts can tell us more. But I haven't seen orignal DK elaborate documents without the embossed eagle stamp.

Cheers,
                            p

Really? Then i refer you to Forman's book on documents Vol.1, Scheibert's on DKiG tr******228;ger, Niemann's catalog, Biblio verlag's series on Ritterkreuztr******228;ger, the Helmut Priess grouping Winkler has for sale and the dietrich Eichhorst grouping coming up for sale at Hermann Historica.

In fact, can you cite or show any formal Heer DK docs with such an embossed stamp?

Comment

Thanks Simon,

You have proved me wrong on the embossed eagle stamp, no worries.
                              I used as reference the documents I had in my collection and the once I had in my hands once and it seemed to me that all of them had the embossed eagle stamps on them.
                              I was just counting on my memory so that why I also asked for more opinions.

A follow up question perhaps:
                              - Can they be hand written?
                              Again to my memory the once I have seen had that specific typewriter lettering.

Cheers,
                              Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X