Photo help: Luft RKT Bruno Stolle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo help: Luft RKT Bruno Stolle

Several years ago the original of this picture was sold on Ebay along w/ a few other personal pics from Stolle. I unfortunately lost the bid for these and have been kicking myself ever since as I need them to complete something else in my collection. Low and behold, when the Eagle Editions book about Assis Hahn was published recently, the Ebay picture appeared on page 78. The publisher was less that helpful to me, so I'm posting this here in the off chance that a forum member owns the pictures or knows who does. If that is the case, please PM me!
    Attached Files

...I need the pics to go w/ this
    Attached Files

Comment

'Fraid I can't help you with the photo info or Jerry Crandell's lack of cooperation, but I do have a question that maybe you can help with. Do you have any career data for Stolle prior to his joining I.(Z)/LG 1? Do you have the date he entered the Lw., his A/B Schule with dates, his JFS with dates, assignments prior to I.(Z)/LG 1? I have the rest of his career data but not for the period prior to 1939.

TNX - BHS1956

Comment

..no I don't, but I believe his log books are out there somewhere..spread to the winds along w/ the pictures and a bunch of other stuff when his group was sold a number of years ago..

Comment

..I take that back, I do have one tidbit. He was awarded his pilot badge on 20 Nov 1936 if that helps...

Comment

Thanks, that helps a bit. Too bad these collections get broken up and scattered to the four winds......... They are of greater historic value when they can tell the individual's full story instead of just a piece of it.

Comment

Here is what I have on his career:

STOLLE, Bruno. (DOB: 13.04.15 in M******252;nster/Westfalen). (R, DKG). 20.11.36 completed flight training. 01.07.39 Lt., trf from I.(Z)/LG 1 to JG 51. 09.39 in 3./JG 51. 03.40 trf to JG 2. 05.40 Lt./Oblt., in 8./JG 2. 01.01.42 Oblt., Staka 8./JG 2 (to at least 31.12.42). 01.04.42 promo to Hptm. 29.10.42 awarded the DKG, 8./JG 2. 17.03.43 Hptm., awarded the Ritterkreuz, Staka 8./JG 2. 01.07.43 Hptm., appt Kdr. III./JG 2 (to 07.12.43). 03.44 trf to Schiessschule d.Lw. Vaerl******248;se. c.01.10.44 Hptm., with Schiessschule Vaerl******248;se, appt Kdr. I./JG 11 (to 25.11.44). 25.11.44 Hptm., appt Kdr. Erprobungskdo. Ta 152 (to 23.01.45). Credited with 271 combat missions and 35 air victories. †22.01.2004.

Is there anything you can add? I wonder where he went after 23.01.45?

Comment

Selling Site?

Try huesken.com

Comment

6 items including single photos priced between 225,00 € and 75,00 €...........thank God I'm a researcher/historian and not a collector. I was around 50 years ago in Germany when you could buy their entire photo albums for DM 20,-

Comment

RK Bruno Stolle

Hello Andy,
                    Sorry for my english (I am french). Like you, i am very interesting by JG2 Richthofen. I try to reference all the photo i can see (in books, on the web, my collection....) I probably know (for the moment) 2500 photos about JG2's Planes and Pilots. You can find this photo of Stolle in a other book (Lutwaffe at war, aces of the west front).
                    Do you have a big collection?
                    Merci
                    Fredo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X