Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typed feldpost

Hi,
    what do you think about this feldpost? It's the very first time I see a typed feldpost. Is it oryginal?
    Best regards.

Well, the text sure does look a bit childish or stereotypical to me. Also the card itself is weird.

Comment

have you UV tested it?

Comment

What does it mean -
        have you UV tested it?
        ?

Comment

Shine the letter under an ultra-violet light, if it shines its modern paper, if it doesnt then itsmost probably a period original

Comment

Originally posted by fanatyk6 View Post
            Hi,
            what do you think about this feldpost? It's the very first time I see a typed feldpost. Is it oryginal?
            Best regards.
            Typewritten Feldpostbriefe are not very common but they do exist. The front-line soldier rarely had access to a typewriter, but soldiers and officers belonging to a headquarters staff (company size and upwards) did. I've got a whole bunch of Feldpostbriefe written by an Oberleutnant and Kompanieführer. Whenever he visited his company clerk's, he used their typewriter to write his letters. Occasionally this was not possible, so about 20% of his letters are handwritten and the remaining 80% were typewritten (lucky for me because his handwriting is almost like Arabic!).

Apart from that, all the others I have seen were written by hand.

All the best,
            Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
              Typewritten Feldpostbriefe are not very common but they do exist. The front-line soldier rarely had access to a typewriter, but soldiers and officers belonging to a headquarters staff (company size and upwards) did. I've got a whole bunch of Feldpostbriefe written by an Oberleutnant and Kompanieführer. Whenever he visited his company clerk's, he used their typewriter to write his letters. Occasionally this was not possible, so about 20% of his letters are handwritten and the remaining 80% were typewritten (lucky for me because his handwriting is almost like Arabic!).

Apart from that, all the others I have seen were written by hand.

All the best,
              Jason
              I concur with Jason. I have a collection of Feldpostbrife from my grandfather, an Oberfeldwebel with the Panzertruppe, and a number of the letters are ,in fact, typed out with a typewriter -while the rest of them are written by hand. So both types certainly existed.

I would also like to extend my thanks to Jason for the part of using the company clerks' typewriters. That makes sense and might be what I grandfather did too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X