German posters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German posters?

I play the popular video game Call of Duty 2 based on events during World War II. I was playing on an online map and I saw some posters in the maps. I was curious what they said and if they are actual posters that were used.

Thanks!

Left one: I cant read what left man says, but the big letters say:
    The enemy listens in

Middle one: Tanks - your weapon!

Right one: With our flags is the victory (lit.)

Comment

Oh that is very cool. Anybody have any of these posters?

Comment

Hi Mansel, yes, these are copies of original wartime German posters. The attention to detail in these games is very good.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I completed call of duty 2 last year sometime and I completely missed these posters... wow..they are good and proper... I guess, I'll need to replay the game now ... Cheers, Torsten.
          Last edited by torstenbel; 04-07-2007, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
            I completed call of duty 2 last year sometime and I completely missed these posters... wow..they are good and proper... I guess, I'll need to repay the game now ... Cheers, Torsten.
            You wil only see them when you play the game online and on the specific server.

Comment

Originally posted by grabber View Post
              You wil only see them when you play the game online and on the specific server.
              ah...so that is how I missed them then...I have never played any games online, but I suspect that is something that I should get into eventually..? Cheers, Torsten.
              Last edited by torstenbel; 04-07-2007, 08:30 AM.

Comment

The online map is "Leningrad"

Comment

Are there any other things like that in the online game? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Yes there are many, but I wasn't able to get the all. Everytime I see some I'll get them.

Comment

Yep, I found them too back when I was still playing that game. Was a real treat to find that they actually payed that much attention to detail.

What I do believe though is that the map designers might have gotten ahold of modern repros. In my search for an original of the Panzertruppe recruitment poster I found an internet based company that sells repros of just that particular poster.

Comment

What is that site?

Comment

Posters

Hi all,

For thsoe who like german posters, just try these links :
                          http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/posters2.htm

http://militaria-net.co.uk/oscommerce/catalog/index.php/cPath/32?osCsid=66717984bc6d00bf783dfe97cb112a5b

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-posters/nazi.htm

Best regards
                          Pierre
                          Last edited by PIERRE.H; 04-24-2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
                            What is that site?
                            Here you go.

I would love to get my hands on an original of that poster though, but I can imagine that there are close to... none left in existance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X