Wehrmacht General Table Tennis Ace in Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht General Table Tennis Ace in Norway

Hi Guys, unusual photograph I found in a photo album of a General playing Table Tennis while stationed in Norway...would anyone recognise this General? Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

I suspect that he was going to win the match one way or another ..
    Attached Files

Comment

The photo album that this photo came from belonged to the soldier in the white jacket that can just about be seen behind the General...that soldier can be seen on almost all of the photos in the album...
      Attached Files

Comment

Try General Hermann Tittel!

Comment

Hi Mark, thank you very much for the pointer... found out that General der Artillerie Herman Tittel commanded the 69th Infantry Division during the invasion of Norway, but cannot find a photo or a biography specific to the man so far...but I will continue to search for it ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Here is a photo I have of him. I also sent you an email.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark, thank you for the link to that excellent site with the additional info on him .. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Someone just asked what hotel it was ... i wrote back saying that I did not know the place, but only knew the name of the hotel ... just checked further into the photo album and it appears to be at the Lilands Hotel in Bulken in Norway ... but from what I could find on the internet, the hotel no longer exists?? Cheers, Torsten.
                Last edited by torstenbel; 04-07-2007, 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling, spelling, spelling .......

Comment

Liland Hotel does exist. But not as a hotel. It went down the tube when the main road to Voss was altered.
                  lolle

Comment

Hi Lolle, there are quite a few more photos of the hotel Lilands in the photo album and also more photos of the staff (Norwegian and German) at the hotel...do you live anywhere near that place?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Next time im in that area ill take a few photos if interested, most likely in end april or beg. of may.
                      lolle

Comment

Originally posted by lolle View Post
                        Next time im in that area ill take a few photos if interested, most likely in end april or beg. of may.
                        lolle
                        yes, I think it would be interesting to see it today ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

A bit late, but this weekend im able to take some photos at Voss. If you have more photos from Voss, and want pictures from the places today, please post them and ill try to take some photos at the sites.
                          lolle

Comment

Didnt know it was for sale..
                            Now on hold...
                            lolle

Comment

Originally posted by lolle View Post
                              Didnt know it was for sale..
                              Now on hold...
                              lolle
                              only sold this week...sorry. did not know that you were interested in buying it., Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X