Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

demjanskshield award doc.

Gentleman:

I have bought some time ago at Niemans a "Besitz-Zeugnis" from a member of the III. Batl./Jägerregiment 75. The document bears a stamp from the Oberkommando de Heeres is dated Rgt. Gef. Std. (Regiments Gefechts Stand) 25 oktober 1943 and bears the a stamped signature from Graf Brockdorff-Ahlefeld and a original signature from a Leutnant. Jägerregiment 75 was a part of the 5. Leicht Infanterie Division and took part in the battles to break the circle around the Demjansk pocket. I've got several award docs from the Demjansk shield but all are stamped with II Armeekorps (as it should be).
    I've found one other doc. from III/Jägerregiment 75 in a book from Hüsken with te same stamp (Oberkommando de Heeres).

Can perhaps someone tell me what has going on with the way this doc. had been awarded??

Eric, don't know enough to explain the question you are asking. I also have a Demjansk document to an NCO in Stabskomp./F.R. 26 that is stamped with what looks like Gen Kdo. II A A. Is this the correct stamp for the II Armeekorps?
    Richard

Comment

Richard:

I think it's not A A but A(rmee) K(orps), the letters A en K look almost identical in this type of German writing. It's a correct stamp wich was also used............

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X