Diaries with photos etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diaries with photos etc.

I have recieved (only to borrow and show off, it's still the vet's that I got it from, not mine) a very nice little diary and I was wondering what the $ price it would be worth (just to know). If I ever did get it I'd never sell it because I know the vet very well (I drove an hour to see him for a couple hours today).

Anyway, the contents are wild, but very neat I think.

He was in high school when the war broke out in Poland so what he did was take the picture of the progress of the German army that came in the mail everyday and cut it out. He pasted the map of progress for every single day in a little journal from an original German newspaper. There is about 20 maps in there in the correct order. Next he has various cut outs from a German newspaper of different Luftwaffe planes. Some are planes I had never heard of and it's very neat.

The last thing (and I thought one of the coolest) is that his uncle was in the Luftwaffe when he was in high school. His uncle would send him postcards (naturally because he was in the Luftwaffe they are all of nice planes of the era). He has about 10-20 of these postcards, which are written in German to the vet while in high school. The letters are dated 1934-38 I think.

I just love how he has set it up even though it's not a "diary" per ce. I will try to get some scans because it's just a really cool book to look at (maybe moreso for me because I know him.)

Anyway, how much would this be worth if sold. I know its hard without picturs. Ballpark?

Curious,
    Mansal

I think fishing for a price of another man's property is inappropriate since it has only been loaned to you.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
      I think fishing for a price of another man's property is inappropriate since it has only been loaned to you.
      I guess that is fair, but I would like to know for learning purposes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X