AH in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH in France

A while back I purchased a small private photo of AH amongst troops. Interestingly, I've come across images from other photographers in the same event which I now believe is shortly after the victory in France.

Note the thin guy just left of AH and guy right of AH on the border of the pix....they appear in all 3 images. There's also a guy taking pictures atop someone's shoulders in the background. It would be neat to find THOSE photographs.

First up is my photo.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by entasis; 03-19-2007, 01:32 PM.

pc

this is a postcard given to me by a friend. On the reverse, I'll only show what's written in case someone can translate...otherwise, it's the basic PC lines, etc.

Again, same event, slightly different angle and moment.

Tony
    Attached Files

Comment

pc rev

here's the preprinted wording on the postcard's reverse.
      Attached Files

Comment

book

finally, this image comes from page 378 of the book: The Third Reich: Then and Now by Tony Le Tissier. I contacted the author but he didn't recall where he got the image. Likely from a period publication/magazine.

Tony
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice find Tony. The caption says "Happy faces all around -- The Fuhrer, highest in command, surrounded by his soldiers."

Hoffman was Hitler's personal photograph, Der Adler was a Luftwaffe magazine.

Comment

thx

thank you Tim for the translation.

Now that I look at both the book's pix and postcard on the same screen at the same time; it looks like they are in fact the same image but the postcard version has been cropped.

Tony

Comment

No problem Tony!

Originally posted by entasis View Post
              Now that I look at both the book's pix and postcard on the same screen at the same time; it looks like they are in fact the same image but the postcard version has been cropped.
              That is correct

Comment

Great photo. Always neat to find something like that where the same subjects have been used in a publication. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X