My first photoalbum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first photoalbum

Hi guys I just wanted to share some pictures from my first photo album. The album itself is in VG condition and the eagle and text on the cover is silver.
    There are a total of 88 pictures but here is only some of them. Take a look at the one with the toothbrush
    I hope you like it
    Cheers Lassi

[/IMG]

Any idea of the unit Lassi? I'll take a guess at a Landesschützen unit judging by the shots of guarding a POW camp, the L on the strap of the drawn figure and the older Gew.98 rifles being used.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Congrats with your first album Lassi. If you've got infected by the same virus that got me too, more will follow soon

From the photos I see he was a Landesschutze with enough free time to fool around now and then. Not the worst position to be in at that time

Comment

Thank you Simon and Tim Was the Landesschutze a little like the national guard?

Here is a few more perhas they can tell us somthing?

Cheers Lassi

Comment

Well well.. "Landesschutzen Bataillon 666" ... the batallion of the devil
          The Landesschutzen were indeed something like the national guard. They were reserve units, mostly containing older men. Some of them did see heavy action, but most indeed had functions like POW guarding.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
            Well well.. "Landesschutzen Bataillon 666" ... the batallion of the devil
            The Landesschutzen were indeed something like the national guard. They were reserve units, mostly containing older men. Some of them did see heavy action, but most indeed had functions like POW guarding.
            Hi Tim and thank you once again
            666 the batallion of the devil

Does anyone have some information regarding this unit? ( Land schütz batl. 666 )

Cheers
            Lassi

Comment

I don't think there is a list of all Landesschutzen units, let alone more information about them. Perhaps in the Tessin books, but I doubt it. They're not very popular with researchers because most did not see combat.

If I'm wrong, I'd be very interested in this list as well!

Comment

Hi

A nice album with a different view of the war.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by eke_karl View Post
                  Hi

A nice album with a different view of the war.

Cheers

Karl
                  Thanks Karl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X