c1933 Photo, but what are the uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c1933 Photo, but what are the uniforms?

The photo is dated on the back for 1933, but can anyone tell what uniforms these guys are wearing? All four wear the same uniform, same cap, same strange overall jacket without any insignia and the guy on the left looks like he is also wearing a black belt...??

Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by torstenbel; 03-11-2007, 02:37 PM.

Torsten,
    Thank you for posting that very interesting photograph. The tunics are the type worn by the SS-VT, especially by the Deutschland regiment throughout the early thirties. Notice that the tunics have a pleat in the arm and the buttons are concealed by a fly front. The caps look like the very early political leader type or they might just be field caps for the FAD. I suspect it will tough to ascertain exactly what service these men are in.
    Derek

Comment

Hi Derek, thank you very much. I have never seen these types of uniforms before? Would you have any photos of this type of jacket being worn by others?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Torsten,
        Here is the tunic being worn by a Sonderkommando of Deutschland. By this date, 1936/7 it has been modified with pockets but look at the sleeves and you'll see the vent I mentioned. The fly-front is done up to the neck but it, and the tight cuffs, are the same as your picture.
        Derek

Comment

I think the guys in this picture are political leaders of some type. They don't have the physical bearing of SS men during this period. Notice two of them are wearing glasses & I believe 20/20 vision was required for membership in the SS. In looking at period pictures you see older, senior leaders wearing glasses, but not the young ones.

Comment

I also do not think that they are SS, but the uniforms do look very much like the SS one that Derek shows...I would have thought these guys belonged to an NSDAP organisation...could they maybe be students from a NAPOLA scholl destined for higher things in the party?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Just to avoid confusion, let me reiterate. I was not suggesting for one moment that the men in the photograph posted at the start of the thread were members of the SS. I was pointing out the similarities of their tunics to ones worn by the SS at the same period.
              Torsten's mention of Napola is, I think, very close to the mark. Although at this early date they would be students at one of the first three Ordensburg schools.
              Good suggestion.
              Derek

Comment

I do think that there were some specific Napola Uniforms. Does anyone have a reference books that shows Napola uniforms as they would have been in use in 1933? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X