Ss Honor Ring Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss Honor Ring Document

here is an ss honor ring document awarded in 1944 to untersturmfuhrer HANS KMENT , an ss physician. he served in ww1 as an oberleutnant and later in ww2 with the kradschutzen regiment of DAS REICH. along with the award document are the bring back papers from the US major who liberated the document along with other items, also a period typed translation in english, and a photo copy of the ss officers file from the archives. im still in the early stages of researching this officer, but have already obtained a list of his ww1 awards, as well as some ww2 awards as of 1941. even has his wifes name,age, and birth date of his children.
    Attached Files

honor ring document

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

ring document

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

ss ring document

pic4
        Attached Files

Comment

ss ring document

pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

ss ring document

pic 6
            Attached Files

Comment

The terminology you use is interesting. Tell me, how does one go about "liberating" someone's personal effects? It used to be called looting in time of war, or just plain thievery.

Comment

I believe it was succintly stated some millenia ago...

"To the victor, belong the spoils..."

Comment

Hello,

I don't think many soldiers and people from countries occupied by the Germans thought that steeling from Germans was a crime in april/may 1945.
                  But the thing to do! Revenge!
                  And I know two wrongs don't make a right.

Cheers,
                  Peter

Comment

Indeed. Regardless of how it was acquired, it is a great document.

Comment

ss honor ring document

the document was probably taken from the ss headquarters where the personell files were kept. or were these documents actually given to the recipeints? you usually see them with binder holes punched in them. does anyone have photos of the different types of fonts used during the different periods of awards?

Comment

"To the victor, belong the spoils..."

not the personal belongings otherwise you are a vulture, isn't it?

Cheers
                        T

Comment

I am sure that distinction was not made very often..It is a matter
                          of personal honor, each one must decide for him or herself.

Comment

These papers were offered in Hermann Historica's last auction #66, item #6825. Did not draw a bid @ 1,600 Euro.

Comment

A very nice document, Michael! I checked my copies of the DAL but Dr. Kment evidently entered the SS officers' list so late that his rank was no longer included in the DALs. The last DAL to include all SS ranks was that of 1 December 1938; thereafter, the DALs only included the higher ranks due to the great number of personnel attached to the Waffen-SS.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X