Any Russian reader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Russian reader?

I bought these in an auction and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of documents they were?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis White View Post
          I bought these in an auction and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of documents they were?
          Hello Dennis!

It’s Sunday morning in Norway now and my girlfriend and I have just finished breakfast. I dropped by the forum for my daily check and came across your post. As my girlfriend is Russian and has a degree in English, she was eager to help you with this translation and exercise her brains a little (and to participate in my hobby on this forum )

I`ll give the keyboard to Inna now...

Post #1: It’s an official paper written in the old Russian language (presumably the period of tsar) that is issued to cover personal money debts (obligations) for the amounts of 200 up to 300 roubles. The words in italics are not quite readable, but I assume they stay for a name of a person.

Post #2 It’s ACT 42. The so called Metrical Certificate that is issued to confirm some issues from The Register of Population and those subject to military service. This one is issued for the NAME of Elisavt Blum, saying he was BORN (the options DEAD or MARRIED are crossed out) in Alvarsk Kidule (I unfortunately cannot distinguish the handwriting correctly but it looks more like the a.m., though this city must be not existing any longer) DAY 23/II MONTH April YEAR 1875 and the NAMES OF PARENTS are Veronika (name before marriage) Zhebrovskaja (the father is not mentioned, but the upper line is not distinct, maybe it’s his name there). Then goes the year of this person birth in italics EIGHTEEN SEVENTY-FIVE.
          Then it says that this certificate complies with the authentic issue in the Register and confirmed with the signature of an official named S. Ksamelo (not quite sure though) July 29/August II (interesting though as I assume it’s probably according to the new and old calendars) 1909 year. Signed by the official responsible for the Register K.A.K. Antskaj…..

The official stamp says Registering Official of Kameskkatorsk department of Vladislavsk district Suvalsk region (Sorry, but the administrative division does not exist in this way any longer, so I am a little bit unsure about the accuracy of my translation, in anycase it goes from little area to larger administrative unit)

Post #3: it’s a Certificate that is issued to someone subject to military service.

Post#4: It’s a Certificate issued for the name of Shavalskij Gennadij to confirm that blablabla – cannot read this handwriting it’s too pale ink – to put it short, some official with all his titles confirms the education of the above mentioned guy and thus says that according to issue number 1 of article 56 of Military Service Order this person is entitled to some privileges. Issued SIGNATURE the day 5IIIof 1879. And then all the signatures and, sorry, unreadable official stamp.

S uvazheniem, Inna

Comment

Well thank you for that explanation -- and thank Inna for me too.

Comment

Just a hint about No.2 - Suvalk.gubernia can be nowadays Suwalki in Poland. There's also a town Wladislawow in Poland and that could be former Russian Vladislavsk. And her mother's name Veronika is also much more likely Polish (catholic) than Russian. I'm only not sure if Suwalki was part of Czarist Russia or Prussia, but I think it should be Russian, as it lies quite eastern.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X