Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feldpost date

Hi guys,
    I was reading an old thread at german daggers .com about honor rings.It was a considered opinion that the germans never used "0" before single digit numbers.For example 01/06/1944.It should be 1/6/1944
    I know they were talking rings but I was wondering if this rule applied to to other items such as feldpost,award documents,etc

I have 8 feldpost letters sent to and from various soldiers and one has "0" before the first digit of the post date.It was sent from Vienna and is dated ' -02.5.44.

Is this ok in respect to feldpost?

regards keifer

This isnt a particulary hard question.
    All im requesting is that if you have or have had a feldpost envelope or card date stamped where there is a zero before the day of the month,can you tell me.

regards keifer

Comment

Hello Keifer,

I just came across your thread. After 4 months I'll be the first one to answer your question

I think it's ok. I have 2 Feldposts that have this "0" as the beginning of the date. One is: ---07.10.42, the other one is ---01.6.43. I also have one without the "0", this one is -4.4.41.
      But I have never seen the "0" in the month Like 01/06/1944. Don't think the Germans did this.

The soldiers itself almost never used the "0". At least not in my Felsposts

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
      Dennis

Comment

Hi dennis,
        Thanks for the reply.Better 4 months later than not at all.

thanks for the info.I did actually contact the german feldpost archives and they informed me it was normal to sometimes have the"0" before the day of the month.They said they have many thousands of feldpost stamped that way.

They informed me it was to do with the type of date stamp they used.

Regards keifer

Comment

Hi Keifer!

Nice to hear this. Learned again something on this forum Thank you to for the information Keifer!

Kind Regards,
          Dennis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X