Waffen-SS DKiG Holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen-SS DKiG Holders

As I do not have an accurate list of Waffen-SS recipients of the Deutsches Kreuzes in Gold, can anyone confirm one way or the other if the following Waffen-SS soldiers recieved the DKiG?
    Ewald Klapdor "Wiking"
    Rudolf Splinter "Frundsberg"
    Helmut Grob "Prinz Eugan"
    Willi Herberth "Totenkopf"
    Gunther Jahnke "Wiking"
    Any help will be very gratefully recieved, regards Richard.
    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Hallo,

The only reference I could find was for Ostuf. Guenther Jahnke of Wiking, awarded on 8.2.45. I found no listings for the DKiG for any of your other names.

Comment

Waffen-SS DKiG

Hi Ramon, thank you for taking the time to reply. Can I ask which source material you were using? I have a copy of "Die Ritterkreuztrager Der Waffen-SS" by E G Kratschmer, which also lists the DKiG holders but over the years I have found several flaws in it and I do not hold it as being accurate.
      Regards Richard.
      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Waffen SS DKiG

Hello Richard,

I used the reference, Die Traeger des Deutschen Kreuzes in Gold for Kriegsmarine Luftwaffe Waffen SS und Des Deutschen Kreuzes in Silber Heer Kriegsmarine Luftwaffe Waffen SS by Horst Scheibert, published by Podzun Pallas Verlag. ISBN 3-7909-0223-3.

If I come across any further information, I'll bring it to you here.

Ta

Comment

DKiS

Richard,

I neglected to say that I also checked your list of names for the DK in Silber as well.

Ramon

Comment

Last edited by Sebastian G.; 10-08-2004, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X