Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posthumously award " eastern front medal " question

Hello,

Is it possible that a deceased person receives a Eastern Front Medal Posthumously 11 Months after his death ?

I have the complete Award document from a LW - Flak member whos unit has been destroyed in Stalingrad in the beginning of 1943 and have found his name recorded ( altough not sure it is him => i have no birth date !!! ) as KIA in the Town of Stalingrad at 01.12.1942 .

The Eastern front medal is dated on 28.11.1943 , all his awards came along with this grouping and this particular medal was stil in its paper packet with full size ribbon, etc..

Any Help is appreciated.

Friendly Greetings,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

This is normal, more in a destroyed unit which was in process of rebuilt, last time on head of this people were the posthumously awards. I have a whole group to an Infantry Leutnant who was awarded the Infantry Assault badge in silver on September 9th, 1.942 and he was KIA on July 20th, 1.941, the group is compoused by several prewar papers, all his citations and his wehrpass, which has no notation from this award as was closed and sent to the family prior the award, this was acompanied with a letter from Regiment Fuhrer stating that he sent the letter, the Regiments Tagelbefhels, the citation and one medal.

Cheers

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

This is normal, more in a destroyed unit which was in process of rebuilt, last time on head of this people were the posthumously awards. I have a whole group to an Infantry Leutnant who was awarded the Infantry Assault badge in silver on September 9th, 1.942 and he was KIA on July 20th, 1.941, the group is compoused by several prewar papers, all his citations and his wehrpass, which has no notation from this award as was closed and sent to the family prior the award, this was acompanied with a letter from Regiment Fuhrer stating that he sent the letter, the Regiments Tagelbefhels, the citation and one medal.

Cheers

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X