Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

general ID on EK 2 doc

Hello All,
    Please help me on identifing the General on this doc.
    Thank you in advance
    Mark
    Attached Files
    “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Attached Files
    “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

with unmarked EK 2
      Attached Files

Comment

Generalleutnant Alfons Luczny, commanding general of the 2. Flak-Division.

Leichte Flakabteilung 75 belonged to the division's Flak-Regiment 182 at the time of this award.

Luczny commanded the division from 1 October 1943 to 15 November 1944. He received the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold on 29 March 1944 and the Ritterkreuz on 9 June 1944. He was cited in the Wehrmachtbericht on 10 February 1944, around the time of this award to your Obergefreiter. Luczny was also a decorated World War I veteran, with the Prussian House Order of Hohenzollern Knight's Cross with Swords and the Saxe-Meiningen Honor Cross for Merit in War. Here is a bio of Luczny.

Comment

Thank you very much Dave !

Comment

Just one more question please. This is the only document in my collection.
            Would you rate the signature as desirable from a collectors stand point,being a pretty highly decorated General,or on the common level ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X