Stabsgefreiter d.L.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabsgefreiter d.L.

Hi Guys, I have got this nice little discharge certificate from active duty for a Stabsgefreiter d.L....what does the d.L. stand for? My guess is 'der Luftwaffe', but I am not sure?? Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

btw...this is what it looks like when hold the document to the light....a very strong watermark...after all...there would have been a lot of guys who would have given a lot for having sich an official discharge paper in late 1944...
    Attached Files

Comment

It could be "Stabsgefreiter der Luftwaffe" - Senior Corporal of the Air Force

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
        It could be "Stabsgefreiter der Luftwaffe" - Senior Corporal of the Air Force

Gerdan
        Yes, that is what I think as well...the only logical explanation that I can come up with ... and that is probably it I guess...does anyone else have a document with that abbrevation being used?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

No, it has nothing to do with the Luftwaffe; "d.L." means "der Landwehr". The Landwehr was the second-line reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
            No, it has nothing to do with the Luftwaffe; "d.L." means "der Landwehr". The Landwehr was the second-line reserve.
            ahh Landwehr... so, he was a reserve man and he was probably released early due to exceptionally old age?? I did not think of that possibility at all.... I did not think that the term Landwehr was still in use in 1944?? Cheers and thanks, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X