Galland wartime signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galland wartime signature?

I have seen this image before somewhere and so I know that this is not a unique photograph...however, I believe that this particular photo was issued by the NSFK during the war and that either the owner sent it to Galland to get his autograph or that the photo was given out during a scheduled meeting betwen NSFK members and Galland and that he signed it then...

In short, I believe that:

1. This is an original Galland signature.
    2. I believe that this a wartime signature.
    3. I believe that this photograph is a wartime print.

Please let me know whether or not you think all or any of the above statements are true or not...Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by torstenbel; 02-14-2007, 02:14 PM.

close up of signature
    Attached Files

Comment

back of the photograph
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks genuine and period to me.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
          Looks genuine and period to me.
          thanks... what does everyone else think??? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Torsten

My gut reaction is that the signature does indeed appear a genuine wartime example. The thing to remember with Galland signatures (both wartime and post-war) is that he was a prolific signer in both periods. If you are prepared to shop around there are some very moderalty priced Galland signed items to be had.

Just my two penneth.

Regards Richard.
            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Hi George, you are right of course...he did like giving autographs and there are quite a few items of his around...especially since he had a fairly long life of course...I still like this document because of the nice and fitting photograph that it was given on and I like because it is very likely to be a wartime signature...but you are right of course, it is not worth silly money....Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X