photo album prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photo album prices

It seems to me that the prices fetched for some photo albums on e-bay these days are getting way out of hand. Anyone else think $1300 is a little much for this 40 pic. album?

link

Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

simon,it depends on how much you are into it.some subjects are each day more difficult to get.I am not very familiar with the kriegsmarine but if I really like the album and have the money I will pay it. some items are unique! regards manuel
    It is a lot of money! ....... but..............
    ask the cholm nuts how much they will pay for 40
    incredible photos?????????

Comment

$1300 is steep, but in a auction fever, it is a possible price. $30 apiece.

But when you know the photo king Robert's <a href="http://daggers.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=042090573&f=1560913051&m=7813052 886">incredible Gneisenau album</a>, can one pay this price to this much smaller (even it shows the tragically legendary Tirpitz) specimen? I have seen not a few albums so far, but the Gneisenau album taught me that the word <i>incredible</i> should not be used so easily.

These days some photos fetch super high prices, but at the same time, usual photos won't sell well, getting cheaper. People are after <i>incredible</i> pieces. Well known Tiger tanks and Ritterkreuztr&auml;gers sometimes get over 100 apiece, but photos of ultra-rare equipments are often sells cheaply, which is very good for me

Comment

My two cents

Yep, 1300 is quite a lot, true.

But there were 120 photos in that Tirpitz album, not 40, which already makes a little difference.
        My two Gneisenau albums came together with the award documents and were slightly cheaper. No secret, I paid 800 Euros. That was a bargain in my opinion, so I am not really shocked about 1220 Euros for the Tirpitz album.
        Remember that these were famous ships, they made history, not some unknown units.
        Akira (thanks for calling me the king, Akira ) has made the point. Collectors are looking now for the extraordinary photos and albums. Especially Panzer-photos fetch unbelievable prices on Ebay.
        But why not ?
        Those photos are rare, they are the Iron Crosses of a photo collection and a Tirpitz (or Gneisenau) album is the Knight's Cross of a photo collection. 1220 Euros for a KC ? Really cheap.

About 10 years ago, I paid 4500 DM (that was about 2500 Dollars that time) for my photo lot of the SS-Kriegsberichter Hans Michalek, a total of 1200 photos. Recently I had an offer of 12000 Euros. Not bad. But not enough. Try again buddy.

Kind regards
        Robert

Comment

Yeah you're right Robert, i misread the description. I was just a little exasperated as i would have jumped on this album had the price not rocketed. A good few of the photos shown i've seen before which made me even more surprised.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Herzlichen Dank, sehr verehrter der K&ouml;nig, f&uuml;r Ihre Besuch!

I am no KM fan, was too sloppy when I checked Tirpitz album... I have to say that the price is not too high, and the Gneisenau price is a real steal! "Bargain" is understatement!

BTW, I saw your recent acquisition, that late-war 292 album. Very, very nice. Incidentally, I recently acquired 31 color slides from an NCO in a Stab/292 Division. Perhaps (and probably) the same man (unfortunately I have no name)?
            Attached Files

Comment

Color Slides

I love color slides. I am sure yours are pretty.

Not too long ago I aquired 50 color-slides from Danzig, they are from before the war or in the very first years.
              They are privately taken shots of a tourist. Great photos, nothing military, but very interesting nevertheless.

I visit Your Forum very often, however I do not post too much here, You know, I have my own place

Kind regards
              Robert

Comment

I agree prices do get out of hand occasionally... check out this auction: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3217398069. Some serious highballing, I bet both snipers were hoping nobody else would try the same. Good for the seller, of course

Comment

FluKo-Helferin Album

In this case, I wonder if the bidders had more informations. You don't see much of the album actually. A bit risky I think.
                  Albums from female personnel are rare, but there can be also a lot of unimportant photos, sight-seeing, family, landscape and so on.
                  I am more careful with these auctions now, since I won an auction with 13 !! albums from a family in the 3rd Reich with more than 1100 photos which turned out to be civilian tourist snapshots and only 20 military photos
                  Fortunately the price was not too high and I could resell the albums on Ebay again and got almost what I paid for them.

I am not really watching Ebay all the time, I have better sources and in most cases also a bit cheaper.

Kind regards
                  Robert

Comment

I suppose it comes down to a case of supply and demand and the contents as already mentioned. From your comments you are more in this field than i am {only just starting on the collecting root of photos}.

A times you often see negaitives for sale, not knowing much about photo processing, has the modern developing changed much? would these negatives get damaged or does one need to do it at home??

Simon
                    Regards
                    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X