Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with an SS /Handschar portrait???

Hello

I found this 2 portraits in an album.The guy was from Leoben in austria.

First he was in an SS unit and then???? Here he has higher ranks or?
    Can anyone say anything about the collar taps? Ever seen bevor?

A friend told me that he saw once a pic about handshar police and he thinks it looks similar!

Thnaks for the help!

cheers Buckeru

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hello

Can nobody help me??

It is definitively a Sonderführer from the SS but which one?????

Has nobody about Sonderführer from the SS?? The man was after that in the SS Div Handschar!!

Thanks for the help!

cheers Buckeru

Comment

Well, actually the one thing that is certain about these images is that he was not a Sonderf******252;hrer, at least not when either one of the pictures was taken.

In the first image, he is a Waffen-SS Sch******252;tze, the lowest enlisted rank, as is evident from his blank left collar patch and lack of sleeve and shoulder strap rank distinctions. His shoulder strap piping appears to be white, which would make him an infantryman. He is also wearing a SA military sports badge. The medal ribbon appears to be for the Austrian Anschluss commemorative medal.

(SS-Sonderf******252;hrer - later called Fachf******252;hrer/Fachunterf******252;hrer - wore blank collar patches on the right side and their rank insignia - as usual - on the left collar patch. Initially NCO equivalents wore dark bluish-green shoulder cords and officer equivalents wore shoulder boards with dark-green Waffenfarbe. In June 1942, the special shoulder cords were abolished in favor of the usual shoulder straps, and the Waffenfarbe - as used on NCO's and officer's shoulder straps/boards - was changed to alternating red/grey piping.

In the second image, he is not wearing any SS-insignia at all; his collar patches appear to be SA, but the unit designation on his right collar patch puzzles me. The numeral "1" on the patch's left means he belongs to 1st Sturm of his unit; the letter and the number "3" identifies his unit; for example "1/GJ 3" would mean 1st Sturm of Gebirgsj******228;ger-Standarte 3. The letter(s), however, looks more like a very ornate "W" or possibly an intertwined "GS", for which I cannot find a reference.
      The rank side displays the two pips for the rank of Truppf******252;hrer. Hope this helps.
      Last edited by HPL2008; 02-11-2007, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X