Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Paul_Andrako - Ciampino Airfield

Hello Paul...
    yesterday you ask me about Ciampino airfield (near Rome) during the war. Unfortunately is not possible to take pictures in this airport today, because he is half civil and half military base. But with the google help

The pictures "Then" was take by allied bomber during attack of july 1943

Cheers
    Marco
    Attached Files

Thanks very much, Marco! The reason I'm interested in Ciampino is because I was an English language instructor for the Italian Air Force many years ago and used to teach at the airbase.
    By the way, there is a book entitled Roma Violata which has some photos of Ciampino, as well as other parts of Rome, taken from the air during Allied bombing missions. The location of the flak emplacements at Ciampino was particularly interesting. Do you know this book? It's a very large and heavy book that I think you would undoubtedly enjoy, full of information and photos, mostly relating to the Allied bombing of the Rome area . I looked through a copy at La Feltrinelli near Piazza Colonna in Rome in October last year. Too heavy to travel with, though, or I would have bought a copy. It's about 50 Euros.
    Thanks again for posting these photos for me!

Best regards,
    Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X