Query Concerning eBay Photo Seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query Concerning eBay Photo Seller

Has anyone had any dealings with an eBay seller of Third Reich period photos who goes by the screen name of "tolzor1" located in Kiev, Ukraine?

I have never dealt with this seller, though I am always highly suspicious of anyone from that part of the world selling photos. There are a number of fake photos from that part of the world being sold as originals. So be very careful what you buy.

Mike
    Originally posted by DocumentsGuy View Post
    Has anyone had any dealings with an eBay seller of Third Reich period photos who goes by the screen name of "tolzor1" located in Kiev, Ukraine?

Comment

Watch out for a two word Cyrillic stamp on the back that looks something like 'archive' or such. Another dead give-away.

There are examples on the forum

Comment

collectors rule number 1 - DO NOT BUY PHOTOS FROM UKRAINE.

collectors rule number 2 - DO NOT BUY PHOTOS FROM UKRAINE.

need I continue ?
        Last edited by milcollector; 01-16-2007, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Every UK bank tells it's business account holders to assume that all credit card orders from certain countries (sorry i can't list them here) are to be viewed as 100% fraudulent.
          I'm afraid much the same can be said for these items from the Ukraine.
          I know this seems bad on the few honest sellers from there, but they must understand that most of the items coming from there are fake. It's a shame. Be careful.

Comment

Thank you all for your input.

Comment

got a pic from him, it is a fake!

Comment

Jacques,
                What do you mean by "fake"? Would you please clarify. This guy has some excellent photos of Third Reich customs officials currently for auction that, if original, I would like to bid on.
                Thanks

Comment

Documents guy..i won't put words in Jaques mouth, but they reprint period fotos either from an original negative, or most likely from a photo of an original photo..they have been doing it for years..they truly believe the western collectors are there to be plucked like ripe fruit.This helps fund their own massive original collections, which, believe me, would knock you on your behind in both quantity and scope!

Even when they are real, it's a scam..i am still waiting on a $2.00 photo i won on e-bay in the early years!..summary..Ukraine= avoid like the plague

Comment

Originally posted by DocumentsGuy View Post
                    Jacques,
                    What do you mean by "fake"? Would you please clarify. This guy has some excellent photos of Third Reich customs officials currently for auction that, if original, I would like to bid on.
                    Thanks
                    I just got one, and it glows under the ultraviolet light. the paper is marked Agfalupex and is thick.
                    jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X