Fighter Aces Bf109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighter Aces Bf109

JUST GOT THIS ORIGINAL PHOTO IT IS A NICE PHOTO OF A FIGHTER ACES AIRCRAFT ..ON THE RUDDER HAS ONE HUNDRED WRITTEN ON IT PLUS 30 VICTORY BARS SO AM GUESSING AT THE TIME THIS PANE CRASHED HE HAD 130 VICTOMS I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS WHOSE PLANE IT COULD BE ..THANKS KELLY..
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I recognise this rudder but I haven't my reference material here at work. I think it actually indicates 101 victories the 100 being placed after the 100th victory. If someone hasn't solved this one before I get home I'll look it up.

PS: I think it's a ME109-f in russian front markings but I think that is fairly clear.

MG

Comment

if u have any ideas whose plane it could be. THANKS KELLY

Comment

Bingo!

Werner Molders, JG51, reached 101 victories on July 15th 1941 (I think) The book I have has a photo of just the rudder (and the text is in japanese) the better reference material is not on my shelf at this time. Anyone else care to chime in?

Comment

Actually now that I think about it that dosn't realy work. The pictured aircraft is clearly in winter markings and is bellied in in the snow so that puts it much later than July!! oops, should have thought that through a little more.

The trouble is the Molders plane is the only one I have seen with the '100' at the end of a row of kill bars.

MG

Comment

I am putting on a photo of the back of the photo which has some writing on that I cannot understand but someone else may and I am ever hopeful it might help me .. KELLY
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

"Notgelandete Me109" = Emergency landed Me109

Can't make out writing in the upper right, this *could* be the location starting with W...

Does anybody know if this is a date/location mark in the photo studio stamp? "Anger 39/40", that would be very early for a pilot with this many aerial victories.

Comment

THANKS FOR THAT I HAVE TAKEN A CLOSE UP OF THE STUDIO STAMP FOR PEOPLE TO LOOK AT ..I WAS THINKING THAT MYSELF THAT IT MAY BE A DATE ON IT TOO BUT DONT SEE HOW IT COULD BE AS THE PLANE HAS RUSSIAN FRONT MARKINGS AND IT WOULD SURELY BE LATER THAN THAT DATE..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bf 109

Fact one:
                      The plane is a Bf 109 F-2 or F-4, both have same frame but differents interiors set up.
                      Fact two:
                      Altough the Geschwader is unknown, the plane belonged to 3./Staffel I Gruppe.
                      Fact three:
                      I have a photo of the rudder of Werner Mölders and one of Günther Lutzow, both carried the same "100" marks, both rudders were painted for the sake of the press and war correspondent.
                      Fact four:
                      It´s impossible that the plane belonged to the jagdflieger mentioned above , because, they are kommodore of Geschwader, Mölders JG 51 and Lutzow JG 3,so they carried the chevron of their rank in the plane, that fact is very well documented.
                      I am continuing looking information for you
                      Grettings
                      Roberto

Comment

Does anyone out here maybe have any more ideas on this plane thanks for your help...

Comment

Hello
                          Very interesting. The pilot might be a KC holder since he got more than 100 air victories. For information, yo'll find below all KC holders of the LW who belonged to a 3rd Staffel in a Jagdgeschwader. I hope it will be useful. I will have a look in Obermaier's book dealing with KC holders fighter pilots since it contains a listing where air victories are listed for most successful pilots. Keep you informed
                          Regards
                          Denis

BELSER HELMUT 06/09/1942 Hptm. 3/J.G. 53
                          CRINIUS WILHELM 23/09/1942 Fw. 3/J.G. 53
                          DÖBELE ANTON 26/03/1944 Lt. 3/J.G. 54
                          EHLERS HANS 14/07/1944 Hptm. 3/J.G. 1
                          EISENACH FRANZ 10/10/1944 Hptm. 3/J.G. 54
                          GOLINSKI HEINZ 30/12/1942 Fw. 3/J.G. 53
                          HOMUTH GERHARD 14/06/1941 Oblt. 3/J.G. 27
                          JOPPIEN HERMANN-FRIEDRICH 16/09/1940 Oblt. 3/J.G. 51
                          KRAFFT HEINRICH 18/03/1942 Oblt. d.R. 3/J.G. 51
                          KROSCHINSKI HANS-JOACHIM 17/04/1945 Ofw. 3/J.G. 54
                          MARSEILLE HANS-JOACHIM 22/02/1942 Lt. 3/J.G. 27
                          MIETHIG RUDOLF 29/10/1942 Lt. 3/J.G. 52
                          PHILIPP WILHELM 26/03/1944 Ofw. 3/J.G. 54
                          RESCH ANTON 07/04/1945 Oblt. 3/J.G. 52
                          SCHEEL GÜNTHER 05/12/1943 Lt. 3/J.G. 54
                          SIEGLER PETER 03/11/1942 Fw. 3/J.G. 54
                          TONNE WOLFGANG 06/09/1942 Oblt. 3/J.G. 53
                          WEISS ROBERT 26/03/1944 Oblt. 3/J.G. 54
                          WEVER WALTER 28/01/1945 Lt. 3/J.G. 51
                          WICK HELMUT 27/08/1940 Oblt. 3/J.G. 2
                          WOIDICH FRANZ 11/06/1944 Lt. d.R. 3/J.G. 52

Comment

I have researched all these names and have come up with the following who all have over 100 victories

WILHELM CRINIUS 114 VICTORIES
                            FRANZ EISENACH 129 VICTORIES
                            JOACHIM-HANS MARSEILLE 158 VICTORIES
                            RUDOLF MIETHIG 104 VICTORIES
                            WOLFGANG TONNE 122 VICTORIES
                            FRANZ WOIDICH 110 VICTORIES

These six men are the only ones on your list with over a 100 victories if it was to be one of them it would have to be MARSEILLE as he is the only one with enough victories .If I am reading it correctly my photo has 100 plus 30 on it ..I am not sure if he was in action over the Russian front tho ..Thanks Kelly

Comment

I have researched all these names and have come up with the following who all have over 100 victories

WILHELM CRINIUS 114 VICTORIES
                              FRANZ EISENACH 129 VICTORIES
                              JOACHIM-HANS MARSEILLE 158 VICTORIES
                              RUDOLF MIETHIG 104 VICTORIES
                              WOLFGANG TONNE 122 VICTORIES
                              FRANZ WOIDICH 110 VICTORIES

These six men are the only ones on your list with over a 100 victories if it was to be one of them it would have to be MARSEILLE as he is the only one with enough victories .If I am reading it correctly my photo has 100 plus 30 on it ..I am not sure if he was in action over the Russian front tho ..Thanks Kelly

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X