Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown DKiG Holder Krim

Hello,
    i need some help! Does anybody know who this DKiG holder is? For sure Füs.Btl. 24 -> to the left is the Btl. Kdr.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Nobody ?

I first thought about Zschiegner, but he´s missed since 23.01.44 and he became the DKiG at 12.03.44!

Comment

Interesting photo !

A possibility is Rittmeister Gerhard von Stein, awarded with DKiG dated 13. May 1943 belonging to Radfahr-Abteilung 24.
      He was most likely from Kavallerie-Regiment 10 from which Aufkl.-Abt. 24, then Radfahr-Abt. 24 and Divisions-Füsilier-Bataillon 24, organized in August 1939.

Is the name of Abt.-Kommandeur's known ?

Comment

Originally posted by H. Kitamura View Post
        Interesting photo !

A possibility is Rittmeister Gerhard von Stein, awarded with DKiG dated 13. May 1943 belonging to Radfahr-Abteilung 24.
        He was most likely from Kavallerie-Regiment 10 from which Aufkl.-Abt. 24, then Radfahr-Abt. 24 and Divisions-F******252;silier-Bataillon 24, organized in August 1939.

Is the name of Abt.-Kommandeur's known ?
        Thanks for your input

The photo is inside an Album with the writtings:
        Kommandeur -> Zahlmeister -> Adjutant

Another guess would be Jenisch, Roland awarded with DKiG dated 24.12.42.
        I think the soldier left is Wa******223;mann, but i don******180;t know it for sure!
        Last edited by Mogdala; 01-02-2007, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the additional informations.

Referring to Scherzer's "Die Ritterkreuzträger", Roland Jenisch was born on 24. Oct. 1895, and he was a reserve officer. The officer with DKiG seems not to be around 50 years old...
          Then, I think that the note by the photo should be read, from left, Zahlmeister, Kommandeur and Adjutant.
          Rittmeister von Stein was the commander of the unit from March 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by H. Kitamura View Post
            Thank you for the additional informations.

Referring to Scherzer's "Die Ritterkreuztr******228;ger", Roland Jenisch was born on 24. Oct. 1895, and he was a reserve officer. The officer with DKiG seems not to be around 50 years old...
            Then, I think that the note by the photo should be read, from left, Zahlmeister, Kommandeur and Adjutant.
            Rittmeister von Stein was the commander of the unit from March 1943.
            until 10/ 1943. I think its von Stein. Another photo showing him would be very helpfull.

Comment

Finally i can say it is Rittmeister von Stein. Fights with various photos ultimately led me to conclude, that it is Rittmeister von Stein for sure (100%). Photo has been taken in Forest position west of Leningrad (Railway line in space Kolpino.).

Also thanks to Mr. Kitamura - btw you have a PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X