Letters from Himmler, Heydrich, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erich View Post
    They look 100% to me from these scans. The Heydrich thank you is worth the most--I would say in the range of $1200-1500.00. The Himmler is 2nd at around $1000.00 as K98 has written. The others vary from a couple hundred dollars to $500 or so. Even though they're mainly just thank you notes (just think, if all of the time and effort put into birthday greetings, congratulationary notes, and thank you notes was devoted to the war effort, the war might have gone differently! How did they have time to sign all of this correspondence?!), they're nice examples.
    Erich

A Himmler signature is currently retailing in the autograph world for £3000

Comment

Unless it's on something a lot more important than a thank you note or promotion document, Himmler signatures go for $800.00 to $1000.00. They are commonly found.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks for all of the comments. I'll take a few days to be with family and think about what to do with this group later. I'm not in a big hurry and want to get all of the information I can before I sell.

Enjoy the Holidays!
        Dale

Comment

I think that your having such a fabulous personality grouping MAKES YOU a paper / signature colector! I have a couple of Himmlers, Martin and Albert Bormann, but no Heydrich. A Heydrich three page letter was sold last year for $2,250 plus commission. I do collect these folks, and what I would recommend is that you NOT break this grouping up! It has more value as a Henlein personality grouping than it does as individual items. Just a thought.

Fabulous documents!

Comment

I agree--the pieces are worth more together than broken up and it's doing a disservice to history to separate them. DZR, by the way, was the 3 page Heydrich letter an official one or personal? And I assume it was typed, as a 3 page handwritten Heydrich letter should sell for much more.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

You're quite right Erich. This is the Heydrich document that I was referring to - it's a signed typed business letter.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys,
                I agree about splitting up groupings - I've never done it before and don't want to do it, but I've had a ton of PMs from people wanting to buy only one or several pieces. I'm not sure yet, but I'll probably try to sell it as a group on e-stand, but if I can't get the price I want (whenever I decide what that will be), I'll split it up. I hate to do that, but I may have to.

DZR, you're right, this does make me a paper/signature collector. But I'm already a collector of too many other TR things - badges, medals, field gear, uniforms, photos, etc. - that I can't afford to collect it all. It is a nice group and I hate to pass it on, but alas, I must. I had a good Fall in terms of collecting, so now I need a different kind of paper to pay off the bills.

Dale

Comment

To anyone interested in this document group, I plan to put it on the e-stand tomorrow evening.
                  Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
                    To anyone interested in this document group, I plan to put it on the e-stand tomorrow evening.
                    Dale
                    I can't find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Erich View Post
                      They look 100% to me from these scans. Even though they're mainly just thank you notes (just think, if all of the time and effort put into birthday greetings, congratulationary notes, and thank you notes was devoted to the war effort, the war might have gone differently! How did they have time to sign all of this correspondence?!), they're nice examples.

"How did they have time to sign all of this correspondence?"
                      The answer is: "They didn't!"

There are many people buying Thank You, Happy Birthday, Condolences, etc. type cards from American Presidents (especially Reagan) and believe they are collecting genuine signatures. THEY ARE NOT. Even if the documents are personalized.

Presidents do not have time to sign (or even look at) dozens of Thank You notes every day. Most of these are done with autopens or by secretaries who have become adept at mimicking their boss’s signature. Autopens existed during the Third Reich and I expect the same procedures were followed then.

It is impossible to tell much of anything from these scans. But, before shelling out thousands of $'s, I would have them examined by someone who is knowledgeable in this area.

<O</O
                      Last edited by CurtD; 01-06-2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X