EK2 Urkunde (SS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Urkunde (SS)

I just bought this. Good or bad? How much is a good asking price?
    Attached Files

Sorry, but it´s a bad one imo.

Mathias

Comment

I suspected that. Thanks for the feedback

What gives it away? Eager to learn...

Comment

Several things give it away but the main one is the sig. Mathias Kleinheisterkamp was commander of 'Nord' at the time and that isn't his sig.

Other things about this doc include it's 'newness', a driver from the division's motor vehicle pool being awarded the EKII on a static part of the front on Adolf's birthday seems a bit unlikely. Also the black ink used on the sig, a whole bunch of bad docs signed in black ink like this have recently been appearing on the market.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I've mentioned this before: There's a ton of these fakes going around on mili123 & eBay lately. Dead giveaway is the new looking signature, in dark black ink, slanting from lower left to upper right, just messy enough to be unreadable, but close enough to look like something.

Not a DEAD giveaway, but should immediately set off alarm bells, if it's offered on the aforementioned auction sites.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I cant say ive ever seen period black ink look that dark before.Certainly not over the whole signature.
            Is it even done with a fountain pen?
            All of my originals signed in black certainly dont look as sharp as this and the ink goes from heavy to light.Typical characteristic of fountain pens,that have a slightly inconsistent run of ink most of the time.

Comment

If it looks to good to be true, it possibly is :P

Thanks for the feedback, guys...

Comment

Well this one's now up for sale on a Norwegian auction site

http://my.qxl.no/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=416976406

I think the item description is worth translating.

Kjøpte dette som orginalt, men i etterkant har jeg fĂ¥tt mye blandet respons pĂ¥ dette dokumentet. Noen sier det er en kopi, andre mener det kan være orginalt.

Legger det ut for salg som kopi, men om det er orginalt kan man virkelig treffe blink her.

Ingen garanti pĂ¥ denne...beklager.
                "Bought as original, but later received a lot of mixed responses on this document. Some say it's a copy others that it can be original. Selling this as a copy but if it's original you can really score her. No garantees on this...sorry"

As i write it's at 240 NOK (around 29 Euros).

If this thing takes off i'll be contacting the 'winner' and pointing him in the direction of this thread.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

And the game goes on and on and on. You wonder who the people are that actually bid on awful fakes (just look at the signature) like this? And who are the people that re-sell their fake under the pretext that "it might be original" based on no substance whatsoever?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                    Well this one's now up for sale on a Norwegian auction site
                    ...edit....
                    Seeing as how Porta18 is also in Norway, and I presume the current seller, I'd be interested in seeing the "Mixed reviews", since everybody here gave it a big, huge, FAT .

Hank
                    Last edited by hankmeister; 01-23-2007, 03:13 PM. Reason: clarification
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

You are right Hank. I'd love to hear what the topic starter has to say to this. Either he is selling it himself with "mixed feelings", or he passed it on to someone else as an original.

Comment

Hello guys!

I'm the seller at Norwegian QXL.
                        I'm not trying to rip anybody off, believe me! But I HAVE gotten mixed feedbacks on this item. A friend of mine, that I thought knew a great deal about TR documents, gave me on it. He claimed that there was no doubt in his mind, and since he has been in the antiques for nearly a decade, I believed him! As it would appear this is not correct, as some of you so clearly point out, I will add "Fake" to the description, and the winner of the auction will off course NOT have to pay.

An honest mistake on my behalf! I'm sorry
                        Last edited by Porta18; 01-23-2007, 06:40 PM.

Comment

If your friend feels the item is genuine then offer it to him and invite him to discuss his opinion here. I'd love to hear who he thinks signed it.

Thankyou at least for having the honesty to change the auction.

Comment

Simon: Thats not a bad idea! I will try arranging it some time soon. The only idea I can come up with, is that my friend is loosing his touch on these things. Sad, indeed! This is the guy that gave me my first TR-Badge.

I have been contacted by the highest bidder, and we have come to an agreement! So, this issue should be resolved without any more "bloodshed"

Comment

Originally posted by Porta18 View Post
                              Hello guys!

...edit....
                              I will add "Fake" to the description, and the winner of the auction will off course NOT have to pay.

An honest mistake on my behalf! I'm sorry

Hank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X