Close up of Glider Pin and Luftwaffe Badge
      Attached Files

Comment

Caption to Photo

Caption...
        Attached Files

Comment

Diamond Pilot Observer

We know Hanna was awarded the female version of the Diamond Pilot Observer Badge, was she known to wear a standard issue full size one as in this picture often?

Carjon
          Last edited by CarJon; 12-09-2006, 07:20 PM. Reason: Phrased Wrong

Comment

Hello

Hanna Reitsch received the Flugzeugführer-Abzeichen on 29/10/1937. Another photo catch the same day as your :

Comment

I like the watch she's wearing!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
                I'm not looking at her watch

They sure did a good job casting the actress who played Reitsch in "Der Untergang." The likeness is quite good.

Rob

Comment

Here you go... complete with EK II
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Craigob View Post
                    Here you go... complete with EK II
                    TEXT FROM PHOTO
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hanna Reitsch

Hello,

Very nice pictures, i especially like nr. 1 => there we can see very clearely above the pilots badge the glider profiency badge, eitehr silver or Gold grade.

Iff it is the Silver grade, then the following dates do apply :

Silver C - Nr. 25 - Hanna Reitsch - awarded : 16.05.1934

I am working on a project of that very badge (Silver C) and am wondering iff you (Carljon) are interested in a contribution?, namely the picture would fit in nicely in the future publication.

Please send me a PM and we can on further from there.

Cordial greetings,

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 545pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=727 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 115pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5595" width=153><COL style="WIDTH: 78pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3803" width=104><COL style="WIDTH: 153pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7460" width=204><COL style="WIDTH: 98pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4790" width=131><COL style="WIDTH: 53pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2596" width=71><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 height=17 x:num>

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 115pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=153></TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 78pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=104></TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 153pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=204></TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 98pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=131></TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 53pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=71></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                      my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Perhaps this is a good opportunity to bump up this question, which seems to be of no interest

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=35884

KR
                        Peter

Comment

Great photo from the Wasserkuppe. I like the watch as well, looks like a Glashuette chrono. There's also a nice photo of Reitsch getting an ornate formal document for the EK 1 from Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                            I'm not looking at her watch

They sure did a good job casting the actress who played Reitsch in "Der Untergang." The likeness is quite good.

Rob
                            I hope you're not looking at her!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
                              I thought I was the only one... I scanned the pic at 1200 dpi and enlarged the watch trying to see what type or model...

CarJon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X