Old Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Pic

Hi guys having a clear out and found these with my paper stuff, cannot for the life of me remember where I got them from, probably a copy that has made to look old. just after confirmation before I chuck it in the bin.

Thanks
    Attached Files

I am sure I have seen this in a book
    Attached Files

Comment

Nobody any opinion

Comment

I would not throw it away at all. Why not keep it until 100% certain there is no story behind it?

I once had the same experience when I bought a photograph of Hitler, Keitel and others somewhere in Europe (after GFM Keitel recieved his RK as he was wearing it on the picture). For years I did not have a clue to where or when exactly the picture was taken. I was reading a edition of the magazine series "then and now" and noticed a few photo's which seemed familiar as they showed the same people and uniforms, building etc. On one picture it showed a photographer taking pictures from the left side of the crowd... and yes, he most probably took the picture I have! It also featured a very detailed report on this visit by Hitler and his Generals to a airfield in Belgium in 1940.

So my little mystery is now solved! Later it was repeated as someone on this forum also showed pictures of this visit at a later stage inside a room somewhere. I really would have liked to get that picture into my collection too...

I haven't seen this picture before but if you ask me, it could be a award ceremony or visit by a VIP to a Fliegerhorst somewhere in France, Belgium or Holland in the early 1940's. There most probably are then more pictures taken from other angles of the same ceremony somewhere among us, showing the same people. It may just aswell be just another piece of a puzzel

Comment

Many thanks for the reply Deejay, I will store it away for future Ref

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X