Post Your Favorite Color Slides Or Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Your Favorite Color Slides Or Pictures

A few forum members have posted some of their color images on previous threads, but I know there are a lot more out there. Some of you even specialize in collecting color images from the war - let's see your favorites or any you'd like to share.

I'll start things off with a couple favorites from my collection. These are a sampling from a group taken by Guderian's war photographer on his march into Russia. Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Guderian

Plotting his course...
    Attached Files

Comment

Guderian

Lunchtime...
      Attached Files

Comment

John, those are some great photo's.....I love that PZII !

Chris G.

Comment

Great photos John. Here is a similar thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=color+photo

Comment

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

Comment

these are amazing! and i got to say picture 3 is my a favourite. Some years ago, maybe even wartime, this picture was developed and printed as a black and white photo. Published in a select number of military publications, this image received great applause, who knew and ever fademed, that one day someone would own the original film.... and in colour
              Congradulations !
              Ian

Comment

I used to be an active member of this board until events changed such that it was no longer interesting for me to contribute. Now I feel compelled to respond to this thread because it deals with a subject I am still very passionate about - original color slides from the war. I am seeing scans of slides that were once part of large collections sold piecemeal on eBay by Enrico Bethge (userid: lehesten). It makes me sick to see these collections broken up for the sake of greed and profit. All historical references and continuity inherent to the collection go out the window and are scattered to the winds. Herr Bethge used to sell entire color slide (German: farbdia/farbdias) collections in their entirety complete with references and historical backgrounds. I know. I bought many collections from him in the past. Now, with slides from broken collections all over the world, there is no way of knowing absolute details about who, what where and when - only fragments of information. I can anticipate some of the responses to this message. "You're just pissed because you can't have them all like you did before!" Nothing could be further from the truth! I don't care who buys the collections just so long as they stay together! I emailed Herr Bethge and pleaded with him to sell the collections on eBay as one item but it fell on blinded eyes. His response was to simply break up another nice collection (from a flak unit which many of you probably saw and bid on also). The thing is that Herr Bethge is breaking up these slide collections purely for profit. What is really insane about this sales tactic is that I tallied up the prices for all the individual panzer and flak collections he recently sold piecemeal. The total he made was still less than what I paid for comparable (whole) collections I bought from him in the past!! It is crazy beyond belief!! I said as much to him! With bitter sarcasm, I joked that to make up the difference in profits, he should open each slide and cut the film in half; thus turning a collection of 100 into 200. After all, if you're going to destroy a collection anyway by breaking it up what's the big deal over cutting the films apart? The scary thing is I got no reply - not even one full of insults or with equal sarcasm. I can only hope and pray that he is not seriously contemplating such a thing...
                This message was not meant to castigate or disparage other members such as "WWIIBuff" for buying and sharing the slides. On the contrary, I applaud your endeavors. I only wish one of you (or me) had them all together for history's sake.

seekwhence

Comment

Color Images

Thanks for the comments guys. I have a lot more from this group and will probably post a few others, but I really hoped to get other members to post their color shots as well.

Todd thanks for the link, somehow I missed that one. Portraits are nice but I'm really hoping to see more of the field type pictures posted here.

Ian, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. If you can remember which book(s) you saw it in, please let me know. Why do you think that image was applauded? Was it the unit logo?

Comment

John,

Superb photos! Though I don't have any original color photos to share, I collect books and such with color content. looking at this forum over the years, I'm suprised that folks do not put together a book of original color photos... I'm sure everyone would enjoy them greatly! The folks over at Luftwaffe im Focus have published a magazine w color photos.. and claim to be working on a book, Heer im Focus.

Love to see more..

Cheers,
                    Astarr

Comment

thanks for sharing

pic 3 is 18th Panzer Division is it not?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X