No announcement yet.

Post your armoured recon and halftracked vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend Olli got me a nice A.A.7 album. Beautiful winterscape.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
      Beautiful, Akira! Jealous!

Time for me to start posting some of my own photos in this beautiful thread.

Comment

Kladderadatsch! This PSW 231 (Fu.) seems to have taken a wrong turn while a little schoolboy looks at the stranded metal beast. I like this image because it shows such great detail, I have it on 600dpi on my computer. This PSW carried a name but alas I can't make out what it was (ended on ...fant).

I posted this because I know the Sechsrad is Akira's favourite

Comment

Originally posted by Kp.-Laporte View Post
          Beautiful, Akira! Jealous!

Time for me to start posting some of my own photos in this beautiful thread.

Thanks for the super-crisp 6-wheeler!

By the way, on Sd.Kfz.222 on my photo, there is a writing on the front "Sau" (pig). To quote my friend Olli: someone wrote "Sau" in Suetterlin in the snow on it ... it is an old Kids joke if you see a dirty car wrote "pig" or "wash me" on it

Comment

Hehe, I was wondering what was written on the front indeed. We did this when we where kids as well I have to admit.

Here's another image, last one for the (prolonged, due to Pfingsten) weekend I'm afraid. Of course, another Sechsrad for respectable Akira-san, who outbid me on so many auctions.

An Oberschütze and some other Panzerschützen with their machine in Kornwestheim in front of the modern Panzerhalle, making them most likely from A.A.5 - also to be noted from the tactical sign on the front of the PSW. The machine is odd, it has no 2cm or MG but does have the Flugabwehr-iron bar for an MG. This must be a training machine.

Comment

Oh Thomas did I outbid you on "so many occasions"? Not as many as mister Sudek outbid me :-)

A.A.5... Recently I got complete photo albums of RKT Ulrich Kress (A.A.5 - A.A.20). I had had one Album of his but with luck somebody brought me the rest of his albums.

I hope I will be able to show a few from the estate.

P.S. very nice photo! certainly you know how to make a good scan!

Comment

Gorgeous images Akira and Thomas!

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike! Here's one from the estate of U.Kress.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This one is my favorite photo of 8-rad armored car that I have in my collection.

Cheers,
                    Alex

Comment

Oh Thomas did I outbid you on "so many occasions"? Not as many as mister Sudek outbid me :-)

A.A.5... Recently I got complete photo albums of RKT Ulrich Kress (A.A.5 - A.A.20). I had had one Album of his but with luck somebody brought me the rest of his albums.

I hope I will be able to show a few from the estate.

P.S. very nice photo! certainly you know how to make a good scan!
                      Oh, thank you very much for these nice comments Akira and R Michael!

Yes Akira, back in the days when ebay still showed bidder's names yours often outbid me last moment But I did not mind that much, I knew the photos went to a very good new home. With sudek they dissapeared into some void, never to be seen again.

Akira, do you have photos of Pz.ALA? This is my favourite unit. You outbid me, years ago, on some photos of 2./ALA (I easily identified the unit and Schwadron by the names of the vehicles) but I never knew if you were aware what unit it was. I have 95% of the nameless Nachlaß, including the album I later managed to get privately from the seller. You have some very nice images of the line-up when they arrived back in Krampnitz.

Yes, very interested in anything related to the Kreß Nachlaß!

I have a large named Konvolut of Pz.A.A.8, anybody interested?

Meanwhile, to keep on Akira's snow-themed PSW, here is an Achtrad during the occupation of Czechoslovakia. I like the BMW-shield outside, plus the Panzerschütze wearing a Mantel and smoking a cigarette...

Comment

Thomas, you mean the ALA group sold on ebay by the late MVV, who was a good old contact then. I lost the best s.Pz.B. auf Sd.Kfz.221 but managed to get Sd.Kfz.247.

Even these days one can be fairly easily identified on ebay - sometimes I receive mails from those who know me when I win auctions.

Of course I am interested in A.A.8 group, would be pleased if you could show me some!

Comment

Wonderful photo

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                            The largest photo I guess in photo album page size. The whole album is packed with the SdKfz's.
                            I still think that one in post no.95 looks like the last batmobile

Here are a few of mine, some I posted before I re-arranged the website so the links were accidentally broken.

France 1940 with ID 17

Comment

From a small I.R. 93 Poland 1939 Album

http://www.militaria-archive.com/alb...-13/index.html

Comment

This one is from a prewar album relating to I.R. 53

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X