Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Interesting Color Pics

Hello Gentleman,

Here is a link to a site that Bill Shea turned me onto, I think that you will really enjoy it:

http://www.timepix.com/default.sph/S...=9&baseIndex=0

Best Regards,
    JD
    What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Indeed Joseph I realy enjoyed it.

Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

I hope those who visit the Time Warner site will seek out the entire Hugo Jaeger collection of color photos. You will need to register wuth Time to use their data base. IT IS WORTH IT!!

Once registered, you can begin your search using picture numbers. By the way, viewing the data base is free.

I suggest you look at any of the photos seen in the above posted link and go from there. For example, take a look at picture 812264. Bormann and Ley are pictured in conversation at Wilhelmshaven, 1939 with Ley wearing his Walther PPK in its party holster. Many of these pictures have never been published and are jaw dropping.

Hugo Jaeger worked for Heinrich Hoffmann and took extensive numbers of color pictures. Fearing their loss, at the end of the war, Jaeger hid his slide collection and preserved for history these unique photos. In the 60's he sold the collection to Time, Inc.

In the early 70's Time had planned to publish an extensive selection of these photos under the title "A Hidden Glimpse of the Third Reich", but the West German government interceded through the State Department and the project was quashed. Time has published items from the collection in their WWII series, but for the most part, the vast portion of the collection remains unseen. The entire collection numbers somewhere in the 2500+ range.

Anyway, when you have some time, it is worth adding the Time site to your list of favorites and begin the treasure hunt. You will not be disapponted.

As an afterthought, there is another wonderful collection of color photography take by Walter Frentz. See David Irving's publications for sample of Frentz's work. Again breath taking.

Comment

Colour photos

Thank you very much, Ramon!!!

Comment

Goddamn these new timelife registration terms!
          I've been waiting more than a week for a registration, and still, nothing!

Comment

Me too..!!

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by VADIM B
              Goddamn these new timelife registration terms!
              I've been waiting more than a week for a registration, and still, nothing!
              Same here

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X