New group on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New group on the block

Today I have received one of those groups that make me happy and I want to share it with all of you.

First the earliest EK award I have in my collection, looks that our man decided to be always on the hot spots and this was rewarded.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Infantry was not made for him and his natural curiosity drove him towards the Recon troops and there also performed well and received this distinction.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Curiosity kill the cat and wounded several recon men and Heinrich was one ot them.

Angel
      Attached Files

Comment

All those soldiers who spent part of his youth in the Russian fields during the winter of 41/42 received something to show it with pride and our NCO was also part of this group.

Angel
        Attached Files

Comment

Despite he suffered in his own flesh the effects of the excess of curiosity he didn't learn the lesson and then..........

Angel
          Attached Files

Comment

When someone attacks you your only defend is to attack them and for recon troops means do it alone and retreat, also this was rewarded and our NCO proudly wore his CCCiB

Angel
            Attached Files

Comment

How proud he was when he received this and how proud I'm of being now the custodian of this piece of History.

Angel
              Attached Files

Comment

stunning!
                Thanks for share, Angel

Comment

How he will ever learn to hide himself properly!!!!!!

Angel
                  Attached Files

Comment

Unafortunately the group has his Assault Badge citation missing, but in change has this little extra paper that is a very nice adition to it.

Angel
                    Attached Files

Comment

Lovely stuff just think if you had the original medals, badges, Wehrpass, Soldbuch and a few photos to go with it.

thanks for sharing.

Comment

Unafortunately all that you can see now is all that I have, I wish I will ever found a simple photo from him and who knows maybe sometime I will have luck (in the past I had it)

Angel

Comment

Very nice Angel, especially with the early EK2-document Also funny the way you tell the story with each document...

I'm sure you will enjoy this!
                          All the best,
                          Laurens

Comment

Thanks for your kind replies.

Laurens, I always want to imagine how the medal were won and what can show to other soldiers or means to the wearer and create with this a small story for the wartime of the soldier, sometimes has a funny side, others is more serious, but what finally I want is to give a human touch to the cold papers, medals and uniforms we have.

Angel

Comment

What? No Krim shield?

Verrrrrrrrrry nice group Angel. Love that early EK2 document. Even more than the DKiG docs.

best,
                              Hank
                              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X