No announcement yet.

SS Div. Florian Geyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever the unit, this is an excellent photo! Not many Marder photos available! Good discussion as well.

Perhaps they are not all from the same unit...? Could a Florian Geyer Marder been given the detait to assist in Polizei duties?

Good job Christian!

Comment

It seems that we should search some info on Florian Geyer Division's fighting with Polizei truppe

Comment

thanks for the interesting comments, i try to prepare some other scanĀ“s but i do have some problems with my scaner at the moment.

Comment

Florian Geyer spent a considerable amount of time on anti-partisan duties, something which polizei units were also heavily involved in.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I have a close-up photo of a German AFV, looks like a StuG, SS commander sticking out the top and they had written "Florian Geyer" on the side. I always wondered if it was the division name(which I obviously recognized) or if it was just a named vehicle like the ones you see with women's names on them.

Hearing this I'm assuming it was actually FG division. Very interesting.

I'll scan and post if I can dig it out, still trying to find specifics in my collection after my move.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X