German Prisoners being Murdered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Prisoners being Murdered.

I found this series of pictures showing the capture and murder of German soldiers by Yugo. partisan's, pretty rough to be sure.

Can anyone translate the printed matter?

Robert

http://www.forum.hr/showpost.php?p=5...postcount=4816

and you can be damned sure no one was ever investigated, hunted or prosecuted for that!
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
      and you can be damned sure no one was ever investigated, hunted or prosecuted for that!
      Well you know the evil, mean, nasty, Germans were the only ones who did anything wrong and the whole nation needs to be punished forever for their deeds 60 years ago....

Comment

Possibly, but not necessarily all Germans. Looks to be late-war and could have just as easily been a mixed group of German, Polish, Czech, or other Volks Deutsch drafted into the German army. Many such mixed ethnic units were serving in Yugoslavia.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
          Possibly, but not necessarily all Germans. Looks to be late-war and could have just as easily been a mixed group of German, Polish, Czech, or other Volks Deutsch drafted into the German army. Many such mixed ethnic units were serving in Yugoslavia.

Does it really matter how many were German or not, this sort of thing took place with " German unit's " on every front. The German cross after WWII sought information on entire units that just " evaporated ".

I suspect these brothers of Tito could have cared less if one said he was from Czech. or Poland, they saw German uniforms and they murdered those people wearing German uniforms.

I suspect there are more pictures, like this BUT I wonder if they remain under lock and key in the former east block. These pictures to me look like they were taken by a person with skill and a very good camera for the time period.

As time goes by more and more dirty little events of WWII will bubble to the surface, not all of it will be what we learned in High School.

Comment

Very disturbing set of photos. I would like to see a translation of the text as well. On the subject matter, I wonder if these are period photos. The quality of the images is very striking and I could be wrong but I wonder if these are re-enacted photos?

Comment

Jugoslavia was a vitual death sentence for the German Soldat.

Even concrentration camp guards were sent to Jugoslavia so they could get rid of the evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                On the subject matter, I wonder if these are period photos. The quality of the images is very striking and I could be wrong but I wonder if these are re-enacted photos?
                I agree. Could anyone translate the text?

Comment

That does not look like a re-enactment to me.

Just clear photography.

Comment

The only thing that I managed to identify from the text was the date - 20 april 1945.

Other bits and bobs - the Germans surrendered, they were questioned for a while, and afterwards they were led into a valley where they have been shot.

Perhaps members with more understanding of Serbo-Croatian can jump in to help, this is all that I managed to get - a very roughly and sketchy understanding of this war crime.

LE: a "war correspondant/photographer" is mentioned in the text, as been situated near the machine gun team, but again, I am not very certain, help from someone versatile is Serbo-Croatian is needed.

Comment

Whilst these are indeed some very disturbing photographs, we should not be suprised at the content. This war a particularly brutal episode of the war, with no quarter asked or given by either side. The only suprising thing for myself is the fact that they have surfaced in the first place.

I too hope that someone will be able to fully translate the article as it will only add to the context of this thread.

Regards Richard.
                      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

I sent the artical to a friend who can translate it....who know how long it will take for a reply. Maybe someone can translate sooner, I can only make out a few words here and there.

Comment

Hi

These pictures remind me of South Vietnamese police Chief General Nguyen Ngoc Loan executing NLF Captain Nguyen Van Lem.

I would say this type of “action” has been done by most if not all armies in the past and will probably be done by most armies in the future.

Karl

Comment

Well certainly not in Iraq where the US treat all with consideration and respect as required by the Geneva Convention. They are certainly not like the filthy Germans, or Yugos, or Russians.or or or....
                            certainly not............
                            for they come from the land of the brave and the free
                            and equality for all
                            including the Iraqis, and the Vietnmese, and the Cambodians, and the Afghans, and the Panamanians, and from Grenada...and the Nicaraguans, and the Hondurans, and the Chileans..and the and the.........
                            they are showing everyone there is another way to wage war...
                            the correct clean way..............

Comment

Originally posted by gzegosh View Post
                              Well certainly not in Iraq where the US treat all with consideration and respect as required by the Geneva Convention. They are certainly not like the filthy Germans, or Yugos, or Russians.or or or....
                              certainly not............
                              for they come from the land of the brave and the free
                              and equality for all
                              including the Iraqis, and the Vietnmese, and the Cambodians, and the Afghans, and the Panamanians, and from Grenada...and the Nicaraguans, and the Hondurans, and the Chileans..and the and the.........
                              they are showing everyone there is another way to wage war...
                              the correct clean way..............

What is this all about? Uncalled for and way off topic...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X