Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KvK Award Document Feldpost Number

x
    Last edited by CSP; 06-04-2009, 07:48 PM.
    CSP

sigpic

Hello Scott,
    Sorry, but I cannot make out the complete Feldpost number either. I also have a bad feeling about this document. As you say, these should be signed by a General Grade Officer, at least of the divisional level. Sometimes, I have seen them signed by an Oberst, but only in the capacity as an acting divisional commander. If signed by a Company Grade or Field Grade Officer, then I would expect to see the name, rank, and position of the higher authority pre-printed or typed onto the document. I would also expect to see a notation such as "f******252;r die richtigkeit" by the signature of the junior officer. I also do not like the vagueness of the document as it only shows the name and rank of the recipient, but not his unit. Not that it has to show the unit to be original, but when you put that together with an eagle ink stamp having an illegible feldpost number, and the signature of a Major and Battalion Commander with no mention of higher authority, then I think something is seriously wrong. I can only agree with your suspicion about this document.
    Best regards,
    Tom
    Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 10-21-2006, 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

x
      CSP

sigpic

Comment

I think there's enough of the fp number to make it out if we had a close up of it?
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello Scott,
          Other than the suspicions that we have discussed, does the document blank appear to be original? Does the paper look and feel right to you? Do the pre-printed portions show some bleed through & impressions on the reverse, indicating that this was produced on a heavy printing press and not just some modern copying process? Maybe an original blank, with fictitious typed-in information, eagle ink stamp and signature? Can you try to post a better picture of the Feldpostnummer? As Simon mentioned, maybe it can be made out and idententified.
          Hello Simon,
          What is your initial impression of this document?
          Best regards,
          Tom
          Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 10-25-2006, 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Same as you guys. The annonimity of it and the authority level of the signing officer kill it stone dead for me.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I had a look through my docs and found one KVK award document I own, signed at a lower level than Oberst.
              Its a kvk 2nd class document and it is signed on behalf of Generaloberst Hoth by Oberstleutnant Lewinski,who at the time was acting adjutant.

The points Tom mentioned are very valid ones.

This document i have displays the name,rank and position of the higher authority.Basically "Hoth" and below that "Generaloberst und Oberbefehlshaber der 17. Armee.
              It also has the obligatory "Fur die Richtigkeit" above Lewinskis signature.

For the points mentioned i too dont like the document shown.

Comment

x
                CSP

sigpic

Comment

Aha, so there's a WB doc as well, could we see it? If the seller believes the doc to be right he shouldn't have a problem about providing a better scan of the stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                    Aha, so there's a WB doc as well, could we see it? If the seller believes the doc to be right he shouldn't have a problem about providing a better scan of the stamp.
                    Yes, I would like to see a picture of the Wound Badge document as well. I would expect the Wound Badge Besitzzeugnis to have either the signature of a battalion commander, or the chief doctor of a field hospital on it, but the KVK is a whole different story. Does the document show a company or battalion within the Panzer Grenadier Regiment GD?
                    Best regards,
                    Tom
                    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X