Karl Haushofer Book/ Fritz Wachtler Dedication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl Haushofer Book/ Fritz Wachtler Dedication

Guys, I hope someone can help me out with this. Awhile ago I bought this book through an online auction . I opened this to find this dedication. I`ve been told that yes this could be a real booksigning dedication to Fritz Wachtler from Karl Haushofer. The ink looks definitley period but why would Haushofer print his name and not write it. Could this be authentic and if so what kind of value might this have?
    Attached Files

Deication book

Picture of the book
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris, unfortunately I do not have a signature of Haushofer to hand and I cannot find one on the internet either...it may well be that this is the way his signature looked or it may be that his secretary put in the dedication...but then it would be quite unusual not to have signed it personally when sending it to a Gauleiter which was a failry important position...I will continue to look for a signature of the man somewhere...as to value??..who knows...? Although, Haushofer was of course highly influential, I di not think that he is of that much interest to collectors and so, I have no idea what value to put on your book??>.sorry, I can't be of more help...Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Dedication Book

Torsten, Thank you. I appreciate the help

Comment

This is Haushofer's signature. It matches the Haushofer book inscription in my collection. Further, you can see an example of Haushofer's signature in volume 1 of Hamilton's Leaders and Personalities of the Third Reich, page 278 as published by Bender.

Cheers,

Ramon

Comment

Dedication book

Thanks Ramon, Thats great news Now if I could find out what kind of value this book has, that would be outstanding

Comment

Dedication Book

Ramon, would it be possible to take a picture of the signature and post it for me so I can compare?

Comment

Sorry to say, I have permitted my membership to lapse and am unable to post attachments on this site. I doubt I'll be renewing anytime soon.

Ramon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X