max schmeling boxing poster??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max schmeling boxing poster??

Do we have any boxing fans here?.. I picked up a promo poster for the max schmeling vs Joe Louise fight in the 30's, Looking for some info on in it, for those who dont know Schmeling, was assigned to I./FJR 3 and fought in Crete.

Originally posted by Craigob View Post
    Do we have any boxing fans here?.. I picked up a promo poster for the max schmeling vs Joe Louise fight in the 30's, Looking for some info on in it, for those who dont know Schmeling, was assigned to I./FJR 3 and fought in Crete.
    I would certainly be very interested to see that Max Schmeling poster...please show us.... he is one of Germany's greatest sporting heros and he was a really nice person as well (of course, I have not met him and only know that from seeing interviews he gave, etc...)....Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Heres the poster, it seems its on ebay about 12 times marked as repro.. .. worth about $10.00 max... its ashame cos its a really nice poster..I'll prolly end up giving it away.. cost me nothing.
      Attached Files

Comment

Heres the poster, it seems its on ebay about 12 times marked as repro.. .. worth about $10.00 max... its ashame cos its a really nice poster..I'll prolly end up giving it away.. cost me nothing.
        Hi Craig, thanks for showing...I guess originals would be silly money... when you look at yours, does it have the appearance of an original or is it new? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

looks almost orginal, its on light card, even the age/foxing marks around the side look good!!, if you a fallshim collector, it maybe a nice thing to have, i dunno.. easy come easy go...

Comment

looks almost orginal, its on light card, even the age/foxing marks around the side look good!!, if you a fallshim collector, it maybe a nice thing to have, i dunno.. easy come easy go...
            Hi Craig, that is why I was asking...on your photo it looks like yellowing around the edges...but it also looks like it may be artificial yellowing...maybe tea or similar..??... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

yeah, when i get home ( still at work) ill scan one corner with the ageing

Comment

Hi

Max was a true gentleman. What most people do not know is that he helped Joe Lewis after the war. When Joe was peniless, Max helped him. He was a great person.

Juan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X