My SS Sniper Doc, and another one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SS Sniper Doc, and another one

well at one time i was offering my SS Sniper Doc for sale that came from Detlev Niemann, with letter of Auth. I have found another one that is being sold in a photo album group to another man.

http://www.militarycollectiblesinc.c...t_Code=ms00788

when i posted my photo of my new Document i had a few people say that it was in question???? and even questioned the seller?????

so i would like to air out if these documents are fake or real? if anyone has another one please post yours too.

i have had mine looked at by a few document collectors and have no questions on it, so if anyone can please give any reason as to why such statements would be said to the Doc or seller please enlight me. because i still think the seller Detlev Niemann is still reguarded as a very reliable Author/Collector/Dealer.

many thanks and all posts welcome.

Thanks greg
    Attached Files

closer and lower
    Attached Files

Comment

It's for the scharfschütze class of the marksmanship award. The word itself can mean marksman, sharpshooter as well as sniper but that term is IMO wrong in the context of this award.

The term 'sniper' would imply someone who was trained and employed as one and that it not what i see here.

The other thing that had me puzzled was the way it's been filled out. The one in the link is what i would have expected.

BTW, have you found out who signed it yet?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I agree that this is a document for a shooting contest or some type of qualifcation, and not just for one group. But I don't see anything wrong by the way it is filled out, as you know the SS always felt that they were special and were proud to add their Unit information.

I still have not been able to find out who this is signed by, so ANYONE who might have info please post and let me know what you think.

So there should be more of these in some collections, and if so please post.

thanks for the post,

greg

Comment

Perhaps it's to do with the different marksmanship system the SS had and that the doc itself is not specifically SS but Heer or WH. That would explain why the filling out doesn't follow the format of the doc, ie. no 'stufe' grade, no weapon class like karabiner seen in the other doc but a year date etc.

It would be nice to know who singed it. A good few of these pre-war SS officers went on to become battalion and regimental commanders. For example Otto Kumm was a pre-war komp.Kdr in Germania
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

ya, it had to be some kind of special contest that was open for any Unit/group/division for bragging rights or?? I only say that do to the Document it's self, I haven't seen allot of these?

thanks for your replys

greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X