Demjansk urkunde..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demjansk urkunde..

Hi.. I was wondering if anyone could explain/translate the contens of the letter.
    The letter seem to be to the father of the holder...??

Kind regards
    Jens
    Attached Files

I also have the urkunde and the shield..
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jens,

That is a nice little group you have there. Unfortunately, the shield has been denazified which affects the beauty of it (especially with the remains of the threads still there).
      Both documents are original and although I'm fond of 30. Infanterie-Division, I cannot find the name of the person who signed the seperate paper. It's indeed forwarded to the father of Obgefr. Burmeister and it tells him his son has been awarded the Demjansk shield. Enclosed, the unit sends him his son's shield and award document. They all wear the shield as a sign of solidarity in remembrance to those who fought in the heavy battles of the Demjansk kettle.

Cheers,
      Laurens

Comment

Hi Laurens..
        Do you know the signature on the award doc??

Since the letter is sent to his father, should I asume that Obgfr. Hartmut was kia at demjansk??

Thanks for the help

Jens

Comment

The signature on the document is the one from Gen. der Inf. Walter Graf von Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt, but that is a stamped signature on Demjansk award documents.
          I also believe that the son of Mr. Burmeister was killed in action and his father was given the shield and the document.

Cheers,
          Laurens

Comment

Thank you very much for the info

Jens

Comment

Hartmut Burmeister is not on the Volksbund list. But that list isn't complete.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X