Silver Wb Document, Is It Authentic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Wb Document, Is It Authentic?

Hello, I would appreciate any input on this document as to wether it is authentic or not. Thanks.
    Van

oops, here are the photo's
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I can not see a document here !

yours

Eric-Jan

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

See them now, can you show a scan of the stamp.

yours

Eric-Jan

Comment

Ok, here is a scan, hope it helps.
                Attached Files

Comment

No immediate red flags...

hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Soooo far Sooooo good then, thankyou.....
                    Also, if it would not be a problem,,, could anyone translate how the award reads please, if it gives name, rank and unit information at all, thanks
                    Van

Comment

The guy's name is Koeppel (I don't have an umlaut key for the "o")
                      Rank is Grenadier
                      Unit is Eingreif Kompanie Schildt - if we could read the stamp, it might give a better idea of what larger organization it belongs to. Somebody here will probably recognize it.
                      The 3 dates in the middle are when he was wounded.
                      It was awarded at the Battalion Fighting position.

Hope that helps
                      Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

That stamp may be the key to finding out more about where this unit was operating, i can't make it out from the posted scans. It seems like one of those temporary units put together as needed. Schildt i guess is the name of it's commander, Eingreif kompanie i translate as what we in today's army call a QRF (Quick Reaction Force). A unit held on standby to be used as and where the brown smelly stuff hits the fan somewhere at the front...if you know what i mean.
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Very much so Mr. Hankmeister, Thank you!!! That shows how much I know,
                          I thought Grenadier would have been like a unit\company deal, such as "Panzer Grenadier"
                          I had no idea it was related to rank. I really enjoy learning things like this, like name and company and so forth, it really does give collecting a more "personal" link to history.. Eric JB asked to the better picture of the stamp, so when he logs back on maybe he will be able to tell a little bit more about it... Thanks again.
                          Van

Comment

Van,

Simon is right with his answer.

I still can not read the complete unit stamp, all I can read is 1.Bataillon, but from what unit ?
                            Van are you able to read a little bit more from the document itself.

As Simon says the stamp is the key to the unit itself, as the typed unit is only a temporary one.

From the scans you document looks to be original.

yours

Eric-Jan

Comment

Hello Eric, thanks for the reply, I will get a magnifieng glass and look at it in the sunlight tomorrow and see if I can make out any more from the stamp. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
                              Van

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X